First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
What are all these TCP/IP processes?
I'm cross-posting this widely as I'm unsure where the experts on this sort of rather obscure question might be found. I'm trying to discover the cause of intermittent high CPU activity by explorer.exe. This seems to run at 2-6% when I'm not doing anything significant. One tool I use to help me isolate this is Pro... 25 Oct 2009 14:16
Want to set SBS 2008 as Master browser. Enable Network browsing
Having an Issue with Network Browsing The Network has two servers currently on the Domain EXAMPLE Server A runs active directory, DHCP , DNS, Exchange and pretty much everything that a domain controller runs. (is SBS 2008 SP1) Server B is a defunct server and has been in place before I came in to look at the n... 20 Oct 2009 03:28
System error 1311 has occurred. Why assume cached credentials?
I am experiencing the exact same issue on a batch script utilizing the following net use DOS command structure: FOR /F "tokens=1* delims=," %%G IN (web_server_list.txt) DO ( ECHO OFF NET USE * /d /yes ECHO ON NET USE M: "\\%%G\%web_drv_shr_nm%" %passwd% /USER:%usrnm%@%web_domain_nm% ) During the iteration ... 12 Oct 2009 11:50
Wireless Zero Configuration missing
Hi, don't know if anyone can help. I've followed the instructions below and have the problem that once I get to the point of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WZCSVC there is no WZCSVC for me to go into. Help please! Thanks Chris "Steve Winograd [MVP]" wrote: In article... 10 Oct 2009 21:32
Can Windows Firewall affect LAN traffic ?
2-PC LAN + network printer + router Win XP Pro SP3 Can Windows Firewall affect / stop LAN traffic? The following problem often raises questions about the firewall and I want to understand its relevance. Discussions seems to get very convoluted and end up down blind alleys. I contend that Windows Firewall (... 7 Oct 2009 10:48
missing network drive causes delays
I have seen the same problem when network drives are mapped to laptops that are shut down. Workaround for some cases is to put a link to target and disconnect network drive. Same problem happens when any drive on the system is asleep or having a retry. Nothing moves. Especially bad when trying to mop up the... 30 Sep 2009 13:33
file share problem on two-computer network
many hours of web research by this network neophyte has failed to find any mention of the following network file-share problem: two xp sp2 computers (with latest updates, except sp3) are ethernet connected through a zyxel prestige 334 router. call one "server" the other "client." the server has four hard drives, ... 27 Sep 2009 00:31
Win XP Serial device driver in Device manager
computer hp pavillion with win xp, now 2 years old. pc doctor states no hardware failures. just did a D Recovery due to a com3 conflict. the Serial device has a yellow mark showing it's disabled. the properties give the following info-- non plug and play SERIAL Selected Resource ******************** *DISABLE... 26 Jan 2009 17:19
Unable to browse the network in Windows Explorer
When I click on Windows Explorer/My Network Places/Entire Network/Microsoft Windows Network I get an error messge 'Unable to browse the network. The network is not present or started'. There are 2 other PCs on the network who can see this PC and see its shared folders. Just this PC cannot see them. In Netwo... 2 Jan 2009 00:49
Network slow after Domain join
I came across your post after searching around for a solution to Event ID 5703. We too are having the exact same problem. Did you manage to find a solution? I notice that this only seems to affect our IBM workstations that had their OS preinstalled. Our other workstations are working smoothly. Any help would b... 18 Dec 2008 14:58