First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Cannot open websites, DNS error when pinging cannot resolve na
Hi Jack, I went through all of that. Before I removed the antivirus (Symantec) I did numerous scans on the system with Malwarebytes, Hijackthis, Trendmicro, etc.... I found a few things, but the system is clean. I did the test on DNS and reset TCP/IP settings. At this point it does not make sense as to why... 13 Dec 2009 20:55
Wireless WiFi Connection Utility
I just got a refurbished ThinkPad T60P from Lenovo with XP Pro SP3 preloaded. I'm attempting to get the wireless to working with a Linksys. At several points, including boot-up, I get a box entitled: "Intel R Configuration Service," saying ----------------------------------------------------- "Another wirele... 15 Dec 2009 17:52
Which of the numerous security updates broke network repair?
1st why does an operating system need so many security updates? Anybody test at MS? Driving me to MAC/ *nix. The symptoms: when I try to open a new URL not in cache I get the connection not found window and Troubleshoot Network box. The TS works and says it's fine. If I make the mistake of hitting Repair ... 10 Dec 2009 12:20
Cannot open websites, DNS error when pinging cannot resolve name
Cannot open any websites on a PC with Windows XP. (other PCs on the network can access sites without an issue) Error message is "Internet Explorer cannot display webpage." I can ping IP addresses (internal and external) and the gateway. Ping results in: C:\>ping www.yahoo.com Ping request could not find host w... 12 Dec 2009 03:48
Network problem
I have 2 PC's, both XP, one wired and one wireless off a BT Voyager 2100. There have been no problems for a long while, but lately I've had problems with pages not loading properly, including Voyager's own configuration pages from within the browser. The connection being lost then found, secured then unsecured... 8 Dec 2009 19:47
problem between 2 computers on home network
I have a wired home network with three XP desktops and one Vista laptop. One of the desktops is the main one. I can't get the main one and the laptop to see each other properly. If I go to Network it is there. If I click on the computer it brings up its folders. OK so far. But with this pair of computers if I... 27 Nov 2009 11:06
Floating IP (or Virtual IP) on Windows XP and newer
We are trying to create a redundant environment where we have two machines configured to handle our application and our application on the two machines negotiates which one is active and which copy is standby. We would like to create an IP address which the client software uses to connect to the application but we ... 27 Nov 2009 08:52
Shared files over a network within same workgroup
I need to share files in computer A with some selected user but not others. I'm using 2 computers running on XP Pro SP3. I followed the steps in http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/maintain/share.mspx to set up the folder share. When I navigate from computer B's network places, I can see the sha... 22 Nov 2009 21:39
Administrator: Network Connectiions Properties Button Greyed out
Using Windows XP Pro SP3 The Properties button is grayed out for all protocol, service, and client items on the Network Connections Properties sheet. I am part of the Administrator group, and I have even tried logging in as Administrator without success. I looked at MMC and opened the Local Gropu Policy e... 20 Nov 2009 10:06
Unable To Install Microsoft Peer-to-Peer Networking & TCP/IP Versi
This worked like a charm for me, too! Anders, you're a Scandinavian genius! Now why hasn't Microsoft put something like this in their Knowledge Base? I've been looking high & low for 3 days trying to track this down; thank God I just happened to notice that I couldn't install TCP/IP 6 as well, but my main concer... 19 Nov 2009 12:52