From: Will on
I have 2 PC's, both XP, one wired and one wireless off a BT Voyager 2100.

There have been no problems for a long while, but lately I've had
problems with pages not loading properly, including Voyager's own
configuration pages from within the browser. The connection being lost
then found, secured then unsecured.

I've tried different channels in case someone else's equipment is
interfering with the signal, even a hard reboot out of desperation.

I've tried different browsers, I've even tried a system restore, but for
some reason unbeknown to me that doesn't work any more in restoring old
files, something to work on later.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Will.

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
If this occurs on both computers, you should the ISP to check the line and
the hardware.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

From: Will on
Jack [MVP-Networking] wrote:
> Hi
> If this occurs on both computers, you should the ISP to check the line
> and the hardware.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
>
> "Will" <pc(a)exciting-income.com> wrote in message
>> I have 2 PC's, both XP, one wired and one wireless off a BT Voyager 2100.
>>
>> There have been no problems for a long while, but lately I've had
>> problems with pages not loading properly, including Voyager's own
>> configuration pages from within the browser. The connection being lost
>> then found, secured then unsecured.
>>
>> I've tried different channels in case someone else's equipment is
>> interfering with the signal, even a hard reboot out of desperation.
>>
>> I've tried different browsers, I've even tried a system restore, but
>> for some reason unbeknown to me that doesn't work any more in
>> restoring old files, something to work on later.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Will.

Hi,

It is now only the wireless PC that's not receiving the signal. I can
see the usual neighbours routers transmitting but not my own!
Another m/c I'm using is fine working wirelessly, so it's just the one m/c.

This problem has got worse since I installed and ran 2 pieces of
software. Microsoft Fixit50199 resets TCP/IP, and Winsockxpfix.

I've uninstalled the adapter and rebooted but nothing works
To cap it all my system restore nor regedit/restore is working. What
could be causing these issues?

Regards,
Will.
From: Weavertech89 on

Have you tried to reset your router? freshing the network switch in your
services, control panel -> administrator tools -> serviced. find the
networking switches all if you need to and refresh them as well as you
DHCP. clean out you temps and cookies in internet opition. or manual in
the harddrive. my computer -> view -> folder opitions -> view tab ->
check the show all folders -> click harddrive -> windows -> temp ->
delete all in folder if can -> back out two time and go into doument and
settings -> go into all the user's and delete everything in the local
setting folder.

From: Will on
Weavertech89 wrote:
> Have you tried to reset your router? freshing the network switch in your
> services, control panel -> administrator tools -> serviced. find the
> networking switches all if you need to and refresh them as well as you
> DHCP. clean out you temps and cookies in internet opition. or manual in
> the harddrive. my computer -> view -> folder opitions -> view tab ->
> check the show all folders -> click harddrive -> windows -> temp ->
> delete all in folder if can -> back out two time and go into doument and
> settings -> go into all the user's and delete everything in the local
> setting folder.

Hi,

Have tried what you suggested, but still no good.
Why can't my m/c not "see" my router, it can see everybody else's!

The router's working as I've tried it with another m/c.
It's been working this way for a long time now.

Regards,
Will.