From: petergoode on
I am still hoping to find some information on an annoying but not
life-threatening issue with my home network.

Specifically, I run a bit torrent client on one of the XP Pro (SP3) PC's on
my home network...when it is running, that PC drops off the list of PC's
shown on the "Network" folder in Windows Explorer, such that I cannot browse
its folders. However, if I "search for computer" and enter the PC name, it
is listed.

Is there some peculiarity which occurs when a bit torrent client
(Azureus/Vuze) runs such that it would cause this behavior?

Again, thanks for any insights.

Peter
From: Bob Lin (MS-MVP) on
It could be computer browser issue. do you get any errors if running "net
view" command?

--
Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net