From: john on
I am wondering if it acceptable to put a hub between the router and
computer. I have a desktop that is hardwired from the router but am
unable to run another Cat5 line but, can I put the hub between the
desktop and laptop?

Thanks in advance,
John
From: Lem on
john wrote:
> I am wondering if it acceptable to put a hub between the router and
> computer. I have a desktop that is hardwired from the router but am
> unable to run another Cat5 line but, can I put the hub between the
> desktop and laptop?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> John

Yes. Just make sure you know whether or not your hub requires a
cross-over cable.
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/port_expand.htm
http://www.homenethelp.com/web/explain/about-ethernet-crossover.asp

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
From: David B. on
Use a switch

"john" <jmckenzie(a)cableone.net> wrote in message
>I am wondering if it acceptable to put a hub between the router and
>computer. I have a desktop that is hardwired from the router but am unable
>to run another Cat5 line but, can I put the hub between the desktop and
>laptop?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> John

Pages: 1