From: theredfox on
I have a windows XP Professional workstation running in a SBS2003 R2
environment. How can I hide shares on the workstation from the browser
unless access directly i.e. //computer/share?

Thanks

theredfox
From: John John - MVP on
theredfox wrote:
> I have a windows XP Professional workstation running in a SBS2003 R2
> environment. How can I hide shares on the workstation from the browser
> unless access directly i.e. //computer/share?
>
> Thanks

Add the dollar sign at the end of the share name (sharename$).

John
From: waresoft on

theredfox;3370425 Wrote:
> I have a windows XP Professional workstation running in a SBS2003 R2
> environment. How can I hide shares on the workstation from the browser
>
> unless access directly i.e. //computer/share?
>
> Thanks
>
> theredfox

You can use the following command to hide your computer and all shared
network folders from the browser:

net config server /hidden:yes

If your computer is already sharing network folders then it could take
up to 30 minutes for this to take effect.

--
waresoft