First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Home XP Network Looses Configuration
I have a PC running XP Pro and a notebook running XP Home.They are connected with a RJ-45 crossover network cable. I run the wizard on both ends and the network works fine.Over a period of days I can boot up the notebook and I have limited connectivity (PC is up and running).I run repair on the nic card and it... 18 Apr 2010 19:45
am at a loss - no internet connection
ok i have an odd problem. worse thing is i am not good with this internet network stuff. i moved into this place a year ago and could not connect to the ethernet there with my computer. had several people look at it to no avail. it just mysteriously would not let me access the internet even though it showed i was c... 16 Apr 2010 18:28
shared folder not retained on external hard drive
I had made a shared folder on my external hard drive, which is connected by USB cable to a PC running Windows XP. I have used it without problems, logging in from my (Vista) notebook. The next day however, it seems the folder isn't a shared folder anymore, so I made it shared again. The day after that, it seems ... 15 Apr 2010 17:00
Computer doesn't connect (but with live cd of ubuntu yes)
hello, my pc with windows xp SP3 IE7 doesn't connect anymore. I have tried to use command ipconfig but doesn't recognize anything... I have like connection a particular italian connection that it is under a lan so I have an hub that before with precedent installation of windows xp works fast. In the past with sam... 9 May 2010 01:26
Check if computer is turned on
Hi all :) Need some advice on this procedure. I want to create a batch file that will be in a (windows xp) computers startup folder The batch file will ping a comptuer on the network, and if there is NO response (computer is turned off) then a message appears saying the comptuer is turned off. Any suggest... 24 Apr 2010 02:48
Network gets lost between XP and 7
At home, my Windows XP Pro computer has a shared printer. The other computer in the house runs Windows 7 (probably Home Premium or something). About once a day, when the Windows 7 printer wants to print to the XP printer, the print job gets stuck in the queue. The solution is to go to the XP computer, open N... 13 Apr 2010 21:50
What is canonical process to debug LAN workgroup XP connections
Hi: Having spent an inordinate amount of time over the years, and most recently in the past two days, trying to understand and diagnose connectivity issues in a mixed LAN workgroup with XP, Win2000, Win2003 Server, Windows 98, etc workstations, in which the general advice is to "check permissions" or "refer to ... 13 Apr 2010 21:50
questions
[[Forwarded to WinXP Networking NG via crosspost]] RB wrote: I have successfully implemented the following on my LAN and would like input and criticism as the effectiveness of said items and where I should have done more or different. 1. I implemented the Classic Share via disabling Simple File Sharing ... 10 Apr 2010 14:37
some but not all users getting dropped from network
Running Standard Server 2003 for 5+ years and just started having an issue with some (not all) of my users being dropped off the network (generally in the evening). Not sure if it's a workstation issue, switch issue or server issue. Where do I begin? ... 9 Apr 2010 10:02
finding items I've posted
Can you please create a system for finding issues a user has posted. I find it very difficult to go back and look at my old posts even when I search on my username. Mozillazine has the feature and it makes their much more user friendly. ... 22 Apr 2010 17:40