First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
XP machines not acting the same
Alright, I have tried everything on the net to get my networked "worked" out... Anyway, Here is my problem: I have a home network with 3 machines- 2 XP machines and 1 Win 7. I swapped out an older XP machine with a new WIN 7 machine. After changing everything under the sun(sometimes not waiting long enough I think... 22 May 2010 11:39
XP to Win7 Network Problem
I'm looking for some help. I have 2 PCs networked at home. Main PC is running Win7 64bit second is Running XP MCE 32bit. The problem is if I want to transfer files or folders from Win7 to shared folder on XP machine it will start and run for approx 1 second then stop and eventually times out :( If I the... 18 May 2010 11:29
Update - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past sever... 8 May 2010 04:44
Cannot Re-install IIS 6.0 on Server 2003
I have a 2003 Server R2 running IIS 6.0. I had to re-install IIS 6.0 but when I did it took out DNS. When i went to re-intall DNS it took out IIS 6.0. After a few iterations of this I only have DNS on it now and IIS 6.0 will not load from the "Add or Remove Programs" It just alternates between eliminating DNS a... 12 May 2010 11:23
no administator privledges although set as admin.
One of my users is complaining about not being able to modify documents on the server while logged in under her username/password. Her rights are set to Admin on both the server and workstation. All works fine when logged in as a different user. I'm stumped - thoughts? ... 6 May 2010 16:32
Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums t... 5 May 2010 14:56
Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums t... 5 May 2010 00:39
Unable to install Client for Microsoft Networks
I have laptop running XP Pro SP2, unit is part of the domain. Someone uninstalled “client for Microsoft Networks” and now when I try to install it again I get the error “Could not add the requested component. The error is Access is denied”, this happens under user's account and administrator account. Things tha... 4 May 2010 17:59
Domain is associated to the wrong IP
We use to have our website locally hosted. We recently moved it to a hosted box. So we went and changed the IP association with the Domain name provider. Almost all the machines switched over fine. For some reason one of the machines is stuck on the old IP. So I ping the domain and it gives me the old IP. I... 1 May 2010 17:38
browser hangs in downloads
hi folks, have xp/sp3 with 768Ram & 400meghz...have turned off windows firewall and do not have antivirus at the moment (trying to rule them out)... both IE8 (set to all default values) and Firefox will hang during any significant download. Streaming video in example always hangs....but so will just some w... 1 May 2010 08:44
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13