From: Trevor Frustrated Trevor on
I have a 2003 Server R2 running IIS 6.0. I had to re-install IIS 6.0 but when
I did it took out DNS. When i went to re-intall DNS it took out IIS 6.0.
After a few iterations of this I only have DNS on it now and IIS 6.0 will not
load from the "Add or Remove Programs" It just alternates between eliminating
DNS and re-installing DNS. (Of course I have to check it off to get it
re-installed.)

I have no idea what is happening. Any ideas?

From: smlunatick on
On May 6, 11:55 pm, Trevor Frustrated <Trevor
Frustra...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a 2003 Server R2 running IIS 6.0. I had to re-install IIS 6.0 but when
> I did it took out DNS. When i went to re-intall DNS it took out IIS 6.0.
> After a few iterations of this I only have DNS on it now and IIS 6.0 will not
> load from the "Add or Remove Programs" It just alternates between eliminating
> DNS and re-installing DNS. (Of course I have to check it off to get it
> re-installed.)
>
> I have no idea what is happening. Any ideas?

Please repost in a Windows Server group. This is a Windows XP group
and Windows Server 2003 is not a XP version.