From: ToddAndMargo on
Hi All,

Anyone have any recommendations for a router/switching hub/Access Point
that will allow NetBEUI between a wired computer and a wireless laptop?
All computers are XP-Pro-SP3.

Many thanks,
-T

p.s. I am specifically using NetBEUI, as it won't route to the
Internet. I have NetBIOS, which does route, turned off.
From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
Router's switched Hubs etc. are passive devices they are compatible with
NetBEUI.
If the OS support NetBEUI the hardware should Not be the problem.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

From: ToddAndMargo on

On 04/22/2010 01:00 PM, Jack [MVP-Networking] wrote:
> Hi
> Router's switched Hubs etc. are passive devices they are compatible with
> NetBEUI.
> If the OS support NetBEUI the hardware should Not be the problem.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

In an ideal world, yes. In reality, I have found it to be otherwise.
For instance, as of two year ago, U. S. Robotics did not. There
tech support confirmed it and gave me an explanations that I do
not remember. I do remember that I threw there stuff in the
trash and have not used them since. In that instance a replacement
D-Link worked perfectly.

I will try a D-Link again.

Thank you for responding.

-T