From: alexo on
I work in an office that has 2 subnets. 192.168.112.x and 192.168.113.x. I
can open Excel files on a remote server very quickly when i am doing it from
a 112 computer. Excel files open very slowly when i am doing it from a 113
computer. When i put a 113 computer on the 112 network, Excel files open
very quickly. I verified IP, gateway, and DNS info is correct. I tried
using private and public DNS servers in my IP configuration. All computers on
the 112 and 113 network are plugged into the same switch. Can you give me a
list of things to check so i can troubleshoot this issue?
--
alexo
From: John Wunderlich on
=?Utf-8?B?YWxleG8=?= <alexo(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I work in an office that has 2 subnets. 192.168.112.x and
> 192.168.113.x. I can open Excel files on a remote server very
> quickly when i am doing it from a 112 computer. Excel files open
> very slowly when i am doing it from a 113 computer. When i put a
> 113 computer on the 112 network, Excel files open very quickly. I
> verified IP, gateway, and DNS info is correct. I tried using
> private and public DNS servers in my IP configuration. All
> computers on the 112 and 113 network are plugged into the same
> switch. Can you give me a list of things to check so i can
> troubleshoot this issue?

<All computers on the 112 and 113 network are plugged into the same
switch.>

If all computers are plugged into the same "switch", then they are on
the same physical subnet. Change your Subnet Mask from 255.255.255.0
to 255.255.254.0 on all machines.

HTH,
John
From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
If it happen to me I would not touch anything and talk to whoever is in
charge of the network.
The switch might be not a regular switch, and the topology might be a none
conventional one.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).