From: ricky on
I got 2 XP Pro. client computers with me now.

Both 2 computers have no problem of doing following.
1. Able to Ping computerName or Ping IP_address
2. Able to Connect via CMD command \\computerName

Unfortunately, 1 of these computers can't connect to server CMD command
\\IP_Address.

Any inputs will highly appreciated.

Ricky

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
Try to flash the computers local DNS cache.
C:\>ipconfig /flushdns
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

From: GTS on
What response do you see when you try? (If you're doing this from the Run
box open a command prompt instead and enter Start \\IP_Address to see the
output.)