From: b on
On 16 jun, 23:41, Jeffrey D Angus <jan...(a)suddenlink.net> wrote:
> But I had a customer drag in a Bentley 100C the other day.
> "This looks familiar." So a bit of rooting around in a closet
> and I found it's brother. Customer TV makes noise, and a
> barely visible white horizontal line.

frame collapse. trace the wires back from the yoke to the pcb, look
for an i.c with at least 6 or 8 pins, probably heatsinked, or a pair
of transistors. start there. check there is a supply voltage, usually
between 20 and 60v, probably from a secondary of the big black line
output transformer. could be an open resistor in this feed.

>Mine is totally dead.

well, have you checked for missing voltages inside? bad solder joints?
protection diode near 12v inlet?
-B
From: Jeffrey D Angus on
b wrote:
> On 16 jun, 23:41, Jeffrey D Angus <jan...(a)suddenlink.net> wrote:
>> But I had a customer drag in a Bentley 100C the other day.
>> "This looks familiar." So a bit of rooting around in a closet
>> and I found it's brother. Customer TV makes noise, and a
>> barely visible white horizontal line.
>
> frame collapse. trace the wires back from the yoke to the pcb, look
> for an i.c with at least 6 or 8 pins, probably heatsinked, or a pair
> of transistors. start there. check there is a supply voltage, usually
> between 20 and 60v, probably from a secondary of the big black line
> output transformer. could be an open resistor in this feed.
>

>> Mine is totally dead.
>
> well, have you checked for missing voltages inside? bad solder joints?
> protection diode near 12v inlet?
> -B

thankies, I'll post the resutls in a day or so.

--
�Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.�
Frank Leahy, Head coach, Notre Dame 1941-1954

http://www.stay-connect.com