From: vsevolod afanassiev on
I have been given access to a certain database at Oracle level, but no
UNIX access.
Is it possible to determine whether a connection (Oracle session) is
Bequeath connection or connection through listener by looking at V$
views?
Thanks
From: ddf on
On Jan 27, 9:18 pm, vsevolod afanassiev
<vsevolod.afanass...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been given access to a certain database at Oracle level, but no
> UNIX access.
> Is it possible to determine whether a connection (Oracle session) is
> Bequeath connection or connection through listener by looking at V$
> views?
> Thanks

Possibly:

select username, osuser, process, program
from v$session
where username is not null
and machine = (select host_name from v$instance);

You may see some emagent sessions which won't be listed as BEQ
connections (at least not by ps -ef) but it will show you all of the
local connections bearing actual user names.

David Fitzjarrell
From: vsevolod afanassiev on
Hi David,

Thanks for responding

The query that you provided will show connections coming from the same
server
where the database is running. However this is not the same as
Bequeath
connection.
From: Maxim Demenko on
On 28.01.2010 03:18, vsevolod afanassiev wrote:
> I have been given access to a certain database at Oracle level, but no
> UNIX access.
> Is it possible to determine whether a connection (Oracle session) is
> Bequeath connection or connection through listener by looking at V$
> views?
> Thanks

You can look at v$session_connect_info:

SQL> connect system
Enter password: ******
Connected.
SQL> select network_service_banner from v$session_connect_info where
sid=sys_context('userenv','sid');

NETWORK_SERVICE_BANNER
Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for Linux: Version 10.2.0.4.0 -
Production
Oracle Advanced Security: authentication service for Linux: Version
10.2.0.4.0 - Production
Oracle Advanced Security: encryption service for Linux: Version
10.2.0.4.0 - Production
Oracle Advanced Security: crypto-checksumming service for Linux: Version
10.2.0.4.0 - Production

SQL> connect system(a)emrep
Enter password: ******
Connected.
SQL> select network_service_banner from v$session_connect_info where
sid=sys_context('userenv','sid');

NETWORK_SERVICE_BANNER
TCP/IP NT Protocol Adapter for Linux: Version 10.2.0.4.0 - Production
Oracle Advanced Security: encryption service for Linux: Version
10.2.0.4.0 - Production
Oracle Advanced Security: crypto-checksumming service for Linux: Version
10.2.0.4.0 - Production
Oracle Advanced Security: crypto-checksumming service for Linux: Version
10.2.0.4.0 - Production

Best regards

Maxim
From: Mark D Powell on
On Jan 28, 2:48 am, Maxim Demenko <mdeme...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28.01.2010 03:18, vsevolod afanassiev wrote:
>
> > I have been given access to a certain database at Oracle level, but no
> > UNIX access.
> > Is it possible to determine whether a connection (Oracle session) is
> > Bequeath connection or connection through listener by looking at V$
> > views?
> > Thanks
>
> You can look at v$session_connect_info:
>
> SQL> connect system
> Enter password: ******
> Connected.
> SQL> select network_service_banner from v$session_connect_info where
> sid=sys_context('userenv','sid');
>
> NETWORK_SERVICE_BANNER
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-------------------------
> Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for Linux: Version 10.2.0.4.0 -
> Production
> Oracle Advanced Security: authentication service for Linux: Version
> 10.2.0.4.0 - Production
> Oracle Advanced Security: encryption service for Linux: Version
> 10.2.0.4.0 - Production
> Oracle Advanced Security: crypto-checksumming service for Linux: Version
> 10.2.0.4.0 - Production
>
> SQL> connect system(a)emrep
> Enter password: ******
> Connected.
> SQL> select network_service_banner from v$session_connect_info where
> sid=sys_context('userenv','sid');
>
> NETWORK_SERVICE_BANNER
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-------------------------
> TCP/IP NT Protocol Adapter for Linux: Version 10.2.0.4.0 - Production
> Oracle Advanced Security: encryption service for Linux: Version
> 10.2.0.4.0 - Production
> Oracle Advanced Security: crypto-checksumming service for Linux: Version
> 10.2.0.4.0 - Production
> Oracle Advanced Security: crypto-checksumming service for Linux: Version
> 10.2.0.4.0 - Production
>
> Best regards
>
> Maxim

I had forgotten all about this view. It is pretty easy to modify the
where clause using a like to find all connections using TCP/IP or
Bequeath.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3