From: Dr. Video on
I'd like to move a bunch of software off aging 1541 disks and onto
newer 1581 disks. I'd like to organize each 1581 directory listing
alphabetically with dummy entries in the listing to separate each
program (e.g., "----------------" between programs in the directory
listing).

I'd prefer a single program that can work with both 1541 and 1581
drives.

--

I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo

From: rusure on
On Jul 28, 8:15 pm, Dr. Video <jha...(a)cox.net> wrote:
> I'd like to move a bunch of software off aging 1541 disks and onto
> newer 1581 disks. I'd like to organize each 1581 directory listing
> alphabetically with dummy entries in the listing to separate each
> program (e.g., "----------------" between programs in the directory
> listing).
>
> I'd prefer a single program that can work with both 1541 and 1581
> drives.

I have only hearsay evidence that OMEGEQ has a pretty
good directory editor. If it will edit 81 directories,
I would be surprised if it will edit partition
subdirectories. OMEGAQ can be downloaded from here:

http://www.q-link.cc/c64utilb.shtml

OMEGAQ runs on stock C64s and in C64 mode on a C128.

The 1581 TOOL KIT will copy files from 1541 to 1581
disks and edit 1581 directories as well. The TK user's
guide claims that its directory editor will operate
on ROOT and partition directories as well. I don't
know if TK will edit 1541 disk directories. AFAIK,
TK is only available on EBAY, at respectable prices.

TK runs on C64s as well.

From: Brian Ketterling on
In news:nemoSat072807071320(a)news.west.cox.net,
Dr. Video <jhall2(a)cox.net> wrote:

> I'd like to move a bunch of software off aging 1541 disks and onto
> newer 1581 disks. I'd like to organize each 1581 directory listing
> alphabetically with dummy entries in the listing to separate each
> program (e.g., "----------------" between programs in the directory
> listing).
>
> I'd prefer a single program that can work with both 1541 and 1581
> drives.

Maverick's directory editor will work with 1541s, 1571s and 1581s (including
1581 partitions), insert dividers, sort directories, and more.

Brian

From: rusure on
On Jul 29, 2:26 am, "Brian Ketterling" <tweel6...(a)no-potted-meat-
products-peoplepc.com> wrote:

> Maverick's directory editor will work with 1541s,
> 1571s and 1581s (including 1581 partitions),
> insert dividers, sort directories, and more.

An old version of MAVERICK can be DOWNLOADED from here:

http://www.haddewig.de/nogames64/tools.html

The minimum system requirements for unZIPping the
archive would be a C64, a 5.25 disk drive, and either
a second drive, an REU running RAMDOS, or a RAMLink.

I have no practical MAVERICK experience, so
you need to rely on Mr. Ketterling's claims
for how well MAVERICK will meet your needs.

From: larry on
On Jul 28, 7:15 pm, Dr. Video <jha...(a)cox.net> wrote:
> I'd like to move a bunch of software off aging 1541 disks and onto
> newer 1581 disks. I'd like to organize each 1581 directory listing
> alphabetically with dummy entries in the listing to separate each
> program (e.g., "----------------" between programs in the directory
> listing).
>
> I'd prefer a single program that can work with both 1541 and 1581
> drives.
>
> --
> I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
> You can download it athttp://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo

Yellow Pages is a good utilitiy I have it online at
http://www.portcommodore.com/files64.php you want the Essential
Utilities Disk 2 Image.

Larry