From: William B. Lurie on
Andy wrote:
> Norton Ghost properly set up :)

And I have had great success and superb support from Symantec
(live chat) on the successors to Norton Ghost, i.e., their
Save & Restore, patterned after PowerQuest Drive Image.
I know, Norton has had a bad rep for years, and they
*earned* it.......but in the last 5 years they've come
a long long way.
From: Stan Brown on
Sat, 15 May 2010 11:18:15 -0700 from Anthony Buckland
<anthonybucklandnospam(a)telus.net>:

> "WaIIy" <WaIIy@(nft).invalid> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 12 May 2010 19:30:42 -0400, "Daave" <daave(a)example.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Cloning is preferable if you do not want to take extra time to restore
> >>the image. You can configure your motherboard's BIOS to boot off an
> >>eSATA clone, even if it is not in the tower. With eSATA, the PC doesn't
> >>distinguish between internal or external drives.
> > <snip>
> >
> > Another feature is the ability to pull a file off the clone if need be.
>
> Acronis True Image lets you mount an image as a partition, making
> it easy to find, read, copy or restore individual folders or files.

This is how I use it several times a month, after I've edited a file
and saved it, then realize I need to get back the previous version.

In five years with this computer I've needed complete disaster
recovery only once, and True Image did that for me. But the "mount
as partition" feature is something I wouldn't be without.

> Someone else might know whether other imaging programs offer
> the same utility.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...
From: Unknown on
Nope---then it must be yours.

From: Andy on
sure have this years internet security suite was rated number one first time
in years.
since the days of Norton utilities for windows 95/98

--
AL'S COMPUTERS

From: sandra on