From: Max on
Access 2007. I have built a database to track and report on employee
performance. It is 15MB in size. Now, they want to also compare and report on
different factories.
Should I have this done in the existing database or create a new one and
link in the required tables? I am concerned about database size and response
to the user.
Any info would be much appreciated. There is nothing in Help or the KB that
I could find on this topic.
Thanks in advance.
From: Jerry Whittle on
A 15 mb MDB or ACCDB file is tiny. 150 mb is just starting to work up a
sweat. Access can handle up to 2 GB in one file.

As far as performance, proper data normalization and database design is much
more of a factor.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: Steve on
Have you done a compact and repaur on your database? If not, you may be in
for a surprise after you do that and recheck the file size.

Steve
santus(a)penn.com

From: Armen Stein on
On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:41:02 -0800, Jerry Whittle
<JerryWhittle(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>A 15 mb MDB or ACCDB file is tiny. 150 mb is just starting to work up a
>sweat. Access can handle up to 2 GB in one file.
>
>As far as performance, proper data normalization and database design is much
>more of a factor.

And you didn't say where the other factories' data is. I hope it's
all local on your network. If it's on a WAN, you'll need to use some
other approaches.

Armen Stein
Microsoft Access MVP
www.JStreetTech.com