From: Bill Clark on
Running Exchange Server 2007 SP1 with Outlook 2003 as desktop clients, OWA
also works. I have several groups (3-6 ppl per group) that would like
"Group Calendars". My understanding would be that this Group Calendar isn't
"owned" by an individual in the group, and that the whole group would have
access to add their schedules and travel, etc to this calendar while they
also have their own private calendars. I've read lots of stuff on the net
about this, but haven't found the perfect solution yet. Purchasing any 3rd
party software to do this is NOT an option, I need an Exchange facilitated
solution. Has anyone had experience in this particular area and would care
to share how they resolved it? Thanks.

Bill

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] on
Bill Clark <billc(a)no-email.com> wrote:
> Running Exchange Server 2007 SP1 with Outlook 2003 as desktop
> clients, OWA also works. I have several groups (3-6 ppl per group)
> that would like "Group Calendars". My understanding would be that
> this Group Calendar isn't "owned" by an individual in the group, and
> that the whole group would have access to add their schedules and
> travel, etc to this calendar while they also have their own private
> calendars. I've read lots of stuff on the net about this, but
> haven't found the perfect solution yet. Purchasing any 3rd party
> software to do this is NOT an option, I need an Exchange facilitated
> solution. Has anyone had experience in this particular area and
> would care to share how they resolved it? Thanks.
> Bill

Easy peasy, if you use public folders - you can create a public calendar
folder and assign permissions to a mail-enabled security group. If you don't
use public folders, use Sharepoint (WSS is "free").

Nobody would be able to sync this data to their own personal calendars (or
handhelds) without using some third party software like Add2Exchange, note.

From: Bill Clark on
Ok, let's make this NOT easy peasy :) Not sure if I want to use public
folders and I don't have experience with Sharepoint and not sure I want to
try and learn that right now along with Exchange 2007. So for arguements
sake, what other option would there be. How about the hidden "shared
mailbox" option instead of trying to make a "Room Mailbox" or a fake "User
Mailbox" work? Pros/Cons, pitfalls? Thanks.

Bill

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] on
Bill Clark <billc(a)no-email.com> wrote:
> Ok, let's make this NOT easy peasy :) Not sure if I want to use
> public folders and I don't have experience with Sharepoint and not
> sure I want to try and learn that right now along with Exchange 2007.
> So for arguements sake, what other option would there be. How about
> the hidden "shared mailbox" option instead of trying to make a "Room
> Mailbox" or a fake "User Mailbox" work? Pros/Cons, pitfalls? Thanks.
>
> Bill

Sure, you could use a shared mailbox and use PFDavAdmin to grant permissions
to a mail-enabled security group ... but I don't think you'll be able to
hide it from the GAL - and you will have all those other folders in there
(inbox/etc). Try it and see.

..