From: mikee on
We have a w2k3 domain and only one exchange server. We have a user that is
sending an email to another user in our domain. We only have the one domain.
They are both in the same store on the exchange server. Both users have
outlook 2003. We have checked and they aren't over their storage or
send/recieve limits. The email is only 32kb. Everyone else can send to this
user without any errors. Any thoughts on what may be causing this? The error
message is below.

The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused.
Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system
administrator.
<servername.fabrikam.com #5.2.1>

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] on
mikee <mikee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> We have a w2k3 domain and only one exchange server. We have a user
> that is sending an email to another user in our domain. We only have
> the one domain. They are both in the same store on the exchange
> server. Both users have outlook 2003. We have checked and they aren't
> over their storage or send/recieve limits. The email is only 32kb.
> Everyone else can send to this user without any errors. Any thoughts
> on what may be causing this? The error message is below.
>

> The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was
> refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact
> your system administrator.
> <servername.fabrikam.com #5.2.1>

What version / SP of Exchange?
Same results in OWA?
What do you see in message tracking?

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 12:06:01 -0800, mikee
<mikee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have a w2k3 domain and only one exchange server. We have a user that is
>sending an email to another user in our domain. We only have the one domain.
>They are both in the same store on the exchange server. Both users have
>outlook 2003. We have checked and they aren't over their storage or
>send/recieve limits. The email is only 32kb. Everyone else can send to this
>user without any errors. Any thoughts on what may be causing this? The error
>message is below.
>

>The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused.
> Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system
>administrator.
> <servername.fabrikam.com #5.2.1>

Have you checked the Application Log for errors?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP