From: BertieBigBollox on
Got quite a bit of my PC such as:-

backdoor agent
PWS.ldpinchie
smitfraud-c
win32.agent.wid
win32.fakealarm.ttam

Tried running a few anti-spyware apps such as
Spybot, Malware, windows defender etc

Between them they seem to find these but trouble is when I reboot
they're back.

Whats the best spyware app to run? Or should I boot from a boot cd to
do this job?
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "BertieBigBollox(a)gmail.com" <bertiebigbollox(a)gmail.com>

| Got quite a bit of my PC such as:-

| backdoor agent
| PWS.ldpinchie
| smitfraud-c
| win32.agent.wid
| win32.fakealarm.ttam

| Tried running a few anti-spyware apps such as
| Spybot, Malware, windows defender etc

| Between them they seem to find these but trouble is when I reboot
| they're back.

| Whats the best spyware app to run? Or should I boot from a boot cd to
| do this job?

What's back ?

You really haven't supplied any information. You provided some names of common malware
but not what files are infected and you say "...when I reboot they're back."

So the question is, what files are found to be infected by what malware upon reboot ?

Please be specific with your answer such as fully qualified name and path to the files
deemed to be malicious as well as what anti malware program found them.

Log snippets would help.

--
Dave

From: Max Wachtel on
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 06:51:16 -0300, BertieBigBollox(a)gmail.com
<bertiebigbollox(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Got quite a bit of my PC such as:-
>
> backdoor agent
> PWS.ldpinchie
> smitfraud-c
> win32.agent.wid
> win32.fakealarm.ttam
>
> Tried running a few anti-spyware apps such as
> Spybot, Malware, windows defender etc
>
> Between them they seem to find these but trouble is when I reboot
> they're back.
>
> Whats the best spyware app to run? Or should I boot from a boot cd to
> do this job?

Have you checked your hosts file and proxy settings? Which AV product are
you running?
--
This post was created using Opera(a)USB: http://www.opera-usb.com
Virus Removal Instructions
From: Buffalo on

BertieBigBollox(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Got quite a bit of my PC such as:-
>
> backdoor agent
> PWS.ldpinchie
> smitfraud-c
> win32.agent.wid
> win32.fakealarm.ttam
>
> Tried running a few anti-spyware apps such as
> Spybot, Malware, windows defender etc
>
> Between them they seem to find these but trouble is when I reboot
> they're back.
>
> Whats the best spyware app to run? Or should I boot from a boot cd to
> do this job?

Besides the other suggestions, try using the free version of SAS
(SuperAntiSpyware.com). Also read what is on the following link:
http://vipre.malwarebytes.org/
Buffalo