From: banzai on
Hello

I'm looking to do some 11g performance testing on insert rates with tables
that are split by range into various partitions.

I don't want to have to keep pre-filling my table/partition every time I
start a new test (as the partition volume will increase every time I carry
out each test). What would be the best way to either duplicate the table and
partition to a new table partition or rollback/flashback (if possible that
is - i'm doing inserts and committing during test) such that I can have
quick access to my pre-filled table partition after completing the previous
test ?

Hope this makes sense - an Oracle expert I am not..

Thks..

From: Mladen Gogala on
On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 09:57:19 +0000, banzai wrote:

> I don't want to have to keep pre-filling my table/partition every time I
> start a new test (as the partition volume will increase every time I
> carry out each test).

So, why don't you flashback your DB to the guaranteed savepoint created
before you start the test? It's 11G, you can do that.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com