From: Charlie E. on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:39:10 -0700, Jim Thompson
<To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:55:43 -0700, Charlie E. <edmondson(a)ieee.org>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 20:15:22 -0700, Jim Thompson
>><To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Start to do a rack of lamb on the barby... it runs out of gas while
>>>warming up.
>>>
>>>Lean over, switch tanks, at 115�F, feels like my nose is running...
>>>it's running alright... blood :-(
>>>
>>>Guess I have to watch the heat. I haven't had a nose bleed like that
>>>since I was a kid.
>>>
>>> ...Jim Thompson
>>
>>Hi Jim,
>>I had the same problem about a month ago. We had just bought that
>>little evap. cooler, and I had it in my office. It got too cold, so I
>>shut it off, and then moved it out. The next day, I was just sitting
>>at the computer, and felt my nose running... bright red! Took me a
>>while to get it to stop.
>>
>>Then, that night, in the shower, wiped my face, and it started again!
>>I must have had a really weak blood vessel in there. Finally got it
>>to stop when I got out.
>>
>>Next morning, got up, washed my face, and Blam! there it went again. I
>>took it really, really easy washing my face for the next few days, and
>>it hasn't recurred, but it sure had Pam worried there...
>>
>>Charlie
>
>I've not had that issue. My engineering mind reversed back thru all
>the history prior to the nosebleed... and caught a no-no... don't
>double-up on the Zyrtec when you're having sneezing fits :-(
>
> ...Jim Thompson

Oh, yeah! Those sinus drugs really dry out the old mucous membranes,
and make them vulnerable to this stuff. I had a similiar problem
years ago when I used nose sprays for about a week...

Charlie
From: Charlie E. on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:08:43 -0400, Jamie
<jamie_ka1lpa_not_valid_after_ka1lpa_(a)charter.net> wrote:

>Charlie E. wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 20:15:22 -0700, Jim Thompson
>> <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Start to do a rack of lamb on the barby... it runs out of gas while
>>>warming up.
>>>
>>>Lean over, switch tanks, at 115�F, feels like my nose is running...
>>>it's running alright... blood :-(
>>>
>>>Guess I have to watch the heat. I haven't had a nose bleed like that
>>>since I was a kid.
>>>
>>> ...Jim Thompson
>>

>> Hi Jim,
>> I had the same problem about a month ago. We had just bought that
>> little evap. cooler, and I had it in my office. It got too cold, so I
>> shut it off, and then moved it out. The next day, I was just sitting
>> at the computer, and felt my nose running... bright red! Took me a
>> while to get it to stop.
>>
>> Then, that night, in the shower, wiped my face, and it started again!
>> I must have had a really weak blood vessel in there. Finally got it
>> to stop when I got out.
>>
>> Next morning, got up, washed my face, and Blam! there it went again. I
>> took it really, really easy washing my face for the next few days, and
>> it hasn't recurred, but it sure had Pam worried there...
>>
>> Charlie
>maybe you should have your blood pressure checked! sounds like the
>relief valve kicked in!

No, it was going from cold and moist to hot and dry in a single day...