From: Armin Zingler on
tutiplain schrieb:
> It still threw the Exception. Am I missing something?

My correction was in Function Base64*En*codeObject not in
Base64DecodeObject. Did you change it? You wrote you can't change it for
a reason that I did not understand.

Armin
From: tutiplain via DotNetMonster.com on
Oh, I didn't see that. I will try changing that in the encode function.
I'll let you know if it works

From: tutiplain via DotNetMonster.com on
Hello again,

You were right! By changing the Base64EncodeObject function to this:

Dim buffer(ms.Length - 1) As Byte
ms.Read(buffer, 0, ms.Length)

It deserialized correctly. It seems I didn't understand how array
declarations work in VB. I thought the number inside the ( ) was the length
of the arrray ( as in "dim ar(7)" is an array of 0 to 6). Instead it seems
that Dim Ar(7) makes an array of 0 to 8.

Thank you so much for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

From: Family Tree Mike on
tutiplain via DotNetMonster.com wrote:
> Hello again,
> <snip>
> It deserialized correctly. It seems I didn't understand how array
> declarations work in VB. I thought the number inside the ( ) was the length
> of the arrray ( as in "dim ar(7)" is an array of 0 to 6). Instead it seems
> that Dim Ar(7) makes an array of 0 to 8.
> <snip>

Just to clarify, Dim Ar(7) makes an array of 0 to 7.

--
Mike
From: Armin Zingler on
tutiplain via DotNetMonster.com schrieb:
> Dim Ar(7) makes an array of 0 to 8.

In addition to Mike:
In previous VB verions you were able to specify the lower and upper
bound of the array, e.g.

Dim bla(-17 To 95)

so you were able to access

bla(-17)
bla(95)

The lower bound was optional, so

Dim bla(95)

was equal to

Dim bla(0 To 95)

(unless the default lower bound had been changed to 1 by writing
"Option Base 1").

Therefore, the number inside the braces is still the upper bound - I
probably would have made 1001 mistakes if this would have been changed -
and with 0-based arrays the length is naturally upper bound + 1.

Armin