From: Eric Jacobsen on
On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 14:41:56 -0700 (PDT), robert bristow-johnson
<rbj(a)audioimagination.com> wrote:

>On Jul 31, 8:56=A0pm, cavelamb <cavel...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>> An old fella was celebrating 92 years on this earth.
>> "Hello Willie,If you were alive today, you'd be 92."
>
>:-)
>
>well if err, "Johnson" were alive today, he'd be 54.

You and Your Johnson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCe6NOBUut0

>Tim, i'm glad you mom is around to see you turn 50. happy birthday.
>
>r b-j

Happy b-day to the other old farts. I turned 50 this year as well.

Eric Jacobsen
Minister of Algorithms
Abineau Communications
http://www.abineau.com
From: Greg Berchin on
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 18:24:11 GMT, eric.jacobsen(a)ieee.org (Eric Jacobsen) wrote:

>You and Your Johnson:
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCe6NOBUut0

http://www.byteright.com/odd/index.cgi?md=read;id=4540

It would appear that most of the "regulars" here are about the same age. I am
51, and this "getting old" stuff is turning out to be no fun at all.

Greg
From: Clay on
On Aug 2, 3:46 pm, Greg Berchin <gberc...(a)comicast.net.invalid> wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 18:24:11 GMT, eric.jacob...(a)ieee.org (Eric Jacobsen) wrote:
> >You and Your Johnson:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCe6NOBUut0
>
> http://www.byteright.com/odd/index.cgi?md=read;id=4540
>
> It would appear that most of the "regulars" here are about the same age.  I am
> 51, and this "getting old" stuff is turning out to be no fun at all.
>
> Greg

I too am 51, and I'm finding this getter older stuff so far is not too
bad. I keep quite active and try to live right. Just now at this age
all of the wisdom that doctors kept telling us about how to live
healthily is becoming apparent. I see many friends my age who can't
hike a couple of miles or do much of any kind of physical activity
because their health has sadly faded. I think 50 is the age where self
abuse starts to become readily apparent. Two weeks ago I did a 3 day
hike with a group (some older and some younger) and there wasn't a
heavy person or smoker in the group. Not that I have anything against
ones who are heavy or smoke, but those factors impede the doing of
many physical ativities.

Clay

p.s. happy birthday Tim
From: Eric Jacobsen on
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 08:08:46 -0700 (PDT), Clay <clay(a)claysturner.com>
wrote:

>On Aug 2, 3:46=A0pm, Greg Berchin <gberc...(a)comicast.net.invalid> wrote:
>> On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 18:24:11 GMT, eric.jacob...(a)ieee.org (Eric Jacobsen) =
>wrote:
>> >You and Your Johnson:
>>
>> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DxCe6NOBUut0
>>
>> http://www.byteright.com/odd/index.cgi?md=3Dread;id=3D4540
>>
>> It would appear that most of the "regulars" here are about the same age. =
>=A0I am
>> 51, and this "getting old" stuff is turning out to be no fun at all.
>>
>> Greg
>
>I too am 51, and I'm finding this getter older stuff so far is not too
>bad. I keep quite active and try to live right. Just now at this age
>all of the wisdom that doctors kept telling us about how to live
>healthily is becoming apparent. I see many friends my age who can't
>hike a couple of miles or do much of any kind of physical activity
>because their health has sadly faded. I think 50 is the age where self
>abuse starts to become readily apparent. Two weeks ago I did a 3 day
>hike with a group (some older and some younger) and there wasn't a
>heavy person or smoker in the group. Not that I have anything against
>ones who are heavy or smoke, but those factors impede the doing of
>many physical ativities.
>
>Clay
>
>p.s. happy birthday Tim

I'm seeing the same thing. The main thing seems to be keeping the
cardio going. There's often not a lot that can be done about failing
joints, etc., but keeping the basic cardio system working well seems
to be key.

My brother, who is about ten years older than I am, had a nasty
accident at the beginning of July that has kept him hospitalized (in
the burn unit) for the last month. He's been healing up well and
physical rehab is going well, we think primarily because he was very
fit when he got hurt. If he had been in the same shape as many his
age, we suspect he wouldn't be faring nearly as well.

Eric Jacobsen
Minister of Algorithms
Abineau Communications
http://www.abineau.com
From: maury on
On Aug 3, 10:08 am, Clay <c...(a)claysturner.com> wrote:
> On Aug 2, 3:46 pm, Greg Berchin <gberc...(a)comicast.net.invalid> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 18:24:11 GMT, eric.jacob...(a)ieee.org (Eric Jacobsen) wrote:
> > >You and Your Johnson:
>
> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCe6NOBUut0
>
> >http://www.byteright.com/odd/index.cgi?md=read;id=4540
>
> > It would appear that most of the "regulars" here are about the same age..  I am
> > 51, and this "getting old" stuff is turning out to be no fun at all.
>
> > Greg
>
> I too am 51, and I'm finding this getter older stuff so far is not too
> bad. I keep quite active and try to live right. Just now at this age
> all of the wisdom that doctors kept telling us about how to live
> healthily is becoming apparent. I see many friends my age who can't
> hike a couple of miles or do much of any kind of physical activity
> because their health has sadly faded. I think 50 is the age where self
> abuse starts to become readily apparent. Two weeks ago I did a 3 day
> hike with a group (some older and some younger) and there wasn't a
> heavy person or smoker in the group. Not that I have anything against
> ones who are heavy or smoke, but those factors impede the doing of
> many physical ativities.
>
> Clay
>
> p.s. happy birthday Tim

Holy XXXX!!!!!! Am I the oldest here?!!!!

Once, I called my mother, and when she asked 'how are you', I said OK
for an old man. Then, in a voice only a mother can use, she said 'if
you're an old man, what does that make me!'

p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Maurice