From: Jim Thompson on
Julie Andrews just turned 69, as my wife did yesterday. Julie sang,
to the tune, "My Favorite Things"...

Botox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Cadillacs and cataracts, hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the pipes leak, When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.

Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Back pain, confused brains and no need for sinnin',
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
When we remember our favorite things.

When the joints ache, When the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had,
And then I don't feel so bad.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

From: TTman on

"Jim Thompson" <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote in
message news:atsa66dcnmpjqh01447mkhj8igdfp6ccgu(a)4ax.com...
> Julie Andrews just turned 69, as my wife did yesterday. Julie sang,
> to the tune, "My Favorite Things"...
>
> Botox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
> Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
> Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
> These are a few of my favorite things.
>
> Cadillacs and cataracts, hearing aids and glasses,
> Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
> Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,
> These are a few of my favorite things.
>
> When the pipes leak, When the bones creak,
> When the knees go bad,
> I simply remember my favorite things,
> And then I don't feel so bad.
>
> Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
> No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
> Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
> These are a few of my favorite things.
>
> Back pain, confused brains and no need for sinnin',
> Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
> And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
> When we remember our favorite things.
>
> When the joints ache, When the hips break,
> When the eyes grow dim,
> Then I remember the great life I've had,
> And then I don't feel so bad.
>
> ...Jim Thompson

I'm nearly there :(

From: John Ferrell on
I resemble that...
A keeper for sure!

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 09:38:50 -0700, Jim Thompson

John Ferrell W8CCW
From: ehsjr on
Jim Thompson wrote:
> Julie Andrews just turned 69, as my wife did yesterday. Julie sang,
> to the tune, "My Favorite Things"...
>
> Botox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
> Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
> Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
> These are a few of my favorite things.
>
> Cadillacs and cataracts, hearing aids and glasses,
> Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
> Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,
> These are a few of my favorite things.
>
> When the pipes leak, When the bones creak,
> When the knees go bad,
> I simply remember my favorite things,
> And then I don't feel so bad.
>
> Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
> No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
> Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
> These are a few of my favorite things.
>
> Back pain, confused brains and no need for sinnin',
> Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
> And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
> When we remember our favorite things.
>
> When the joints ache, When the hips break,
> When the eyes grow dim,
> Then I remember the great life I've had,
> And then I don't feel so bad.
>
> ...Jim Thompson

:-)

Definition: Old Age

When everything hurts, and nothing works.

Ed
From: Jim Thompson on
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 15:03:42 -0400, ehsjr <ehsjr(a)nospamverizon.net>
wrote:

>Jim Thompson wrote:
>> Julie Andrews just turned 69, as my wife did yesterday. Julie sang,
>> to the tune, "My Favorite Things"...
>>
>> Botox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
>> Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
>> Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
>> These are a few of my favorite things.
>>
>> Cadillacs and cataracts, hearing aids and glasses,
>> Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
>> Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,
>> These are a few of my favorite things.
>>
>> When the pipes leak, When the bones creak,
>> When the knees go bad,
>> I simply remember my favorite things,
>> And then I don't feel so bad.
>>
>> Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
>> No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
>> Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
>> These are a few of my favorite things.
>>
>> Back pain, confused brains and no need for sinnin',
>> Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
>> And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
>> When we remember our favorite things.
>>
>> When the joints ache, When the hips break,
>> When the eyes grow dim,
>> Then I remember the great life I've had,
>> And then I don't feel so bad.
>>
>> ...Jim Thompson
>
>:-)
>
>Definition: Old Age
>
>When everything hurts, and nothing works.
>
>Ed

Yep :-( Finally decided to go to the doctor Wednesday after my fall a
few weeks ago, and the hip kept aching.

Turns out I have a small crack in my femur right at the point where
the prosthesis is inserted :-(

By the doctor says, "Nothing moved, so it should 'resolve' itself
without needing any intrusion".

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |

Spice is like a sports car...
Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

Pages: 1
Prev: Lenovo Laptop Batteries
Next: Ping John Larkin