From: craig.richmond on
How come when I turn on WiFi on the device I suddenly get a flurry of emails
coming through? Surely they should come through on GRPS but just slower?

From: Me on
On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 22:27:45 +0100, <craig.richmond(a)virgin.net> wrote:

>How come when I turn on WiFi on the device I suddenly get a flurry of emails
>coming through? Surely they should come through on GRPS but just slower?

You are quite correct.

I can only assume that your GRPS data connection is very flaky.

Me
From: R. Mark Clayton on

<craig.richmond(a)virgin.net> wrote in message
> How come when I turn on WiFi on the device I suddenly get a flurry of
> emails coming through? Surely they should come through on GRPS but just
> slower?

Indeed.

Perhaps you are near a base station that does not do it?

Perhaps the emails are very large (but Blackberry only send the first few
kb).