From: Ouroboros Rex on
Glennbo wrote:
> Anybody have first hand experience with this smart phone? I can get
> one for about $29, so I'm thinking about telling my wife to get me
> that for Christmas. It doen't have 3G, which I don't care about
> anyway, coz I don't want to be having to pay more per month for
> additional services. It does however have WiFi, and you can surf the
> net and do email and newsgroups anywhere there is a hot spot. It
> also has GPS, which could be useful for some gigs I go to out of
> town. Anyway, for $29 it looks like a big step up from the 5 year
> old RazR I use now. It's this phone.
>
> http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrycurve8900/

Dunno, but you'll love GPS. =)

From: Dave Mazza on
Glennbo wrote:
> Anybody have first hand experience with this smart phone? I can get
> one for about $29, so I'm thinking about telling my wife to get me
> that for Christmas. It doen't have 3G, which I don't care about
> anyway, coz I don't want to be having to pay more per month for
> additional services. It does however have WiFi, and you can surf the
> net and do email and newsgroups anywhere there is a hot spot. It
> also has GPS, which could be useful for some gigs I go to out of
> town. Anyway, for $29 it looks like a big step up from the 5 year
> old RazR I use now. It's this phone.
>
> http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrycurve8900/

Don't look curved to me.

From: Dave Mazza on
Glennbo wrote:
> The killer robot "Dave Mazza" <dave.mNoSPAM(a)sbcglobal.net> grabbed the
> controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>>> Anybody have first hand experience with this smart phone? I can get
>>> one for about $29, so I'm thinking about telling my wife to get me
>>> that for Christmas. It doen't have 3G, which I don't care about
>>> anyway, coz I don't want to be having to pay more per month for
>>> additional services. It does however have WiFi, and you can surf
>>> the net and do email and newsgroups anywhere there is a hot spot.
>>> It also has GPS, which could be useful for some gigs I go to out of
>>> town. Anyway, for $29 it looks like a big step up from the 5 year
>>> old RazR I use now. It's this phone.
>>>
>>> http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrycurve8900/
>>
>> Don't look curved to me.
>
> I noticed that too. Maybe you have to have sat on it a few time with
> it in your back pocket.

lol..."Customizable...conforms to your shape" <advertising copy>

From: Ted Perlman on
Mine is a 3800 and it's great, so I'm sure the 3900 is just as great but
with a few more features. The GPS is worth the price of the phone alone.

Just make sure you get the 16gb memory card to replace the 1gb card that
comes with the phone.That turns the phone into a mini iPod without Apple's
bullshit.

--
Regards,

Ted Perlman
www.tedperlman.com
www.myspace.com/tedperlman
www.facebook.com/ted.perlman

From: Dave Mazza on
Ted Perlman wrote:
> Mine is a 3800 and it's great, so I'm sure the 3900 is just as great
> but with a few more features. The GPS is worth the price of the phone
> alone.
> Just make sure you get the 16gb memory card to replace the 1gb card
> that comes with the phone.That turns the phone into a mini iPod
> without Apple's bullshit.

What bullshit?