From: Adrian C on
On 07/08/2010 02:22, Steve Terry wrote:
> Hi, i have a friend with a sim free Blackberry 880 and he wants to know
> the best and cheapest way to access features as BBM

BBM is not BIS, it's more like SMS/MMS. Multimedia text messaging in
other words, not Internet access and email.

Given SMS/MMS is more widely accepted on lots of other phones, why sign
up to use a blackberry and use under half the capability?

<me shakes head>

--
Adrian C

From: jak on

"Adrian C" <email(a)here.invalid> wrote in message
> On 07/08/2010 02:22, Steve Terry wrote:
>> Hi, i have a friend with a sim free Blackberry 880 and he wants to know
>> the best and cheapest way to access features as BBM
>
> BBM is not BIS, it's more like SMS/MMS. Multimedia text messaging in other
> words, not Internet access and email.

Yes it is, you need the BIS to use BBM.

From: Adrian C on
On 09/08/2010 10:42, jak wrote:

> "Adrian C" <email(a)here.invalid> wrote in message
>> On 07/08/2010 02:22, Steve Terry wrote:
>>> Hi, i have a friend with a sim free Blackberry 880 and he wants to know
>>> the best and cheapest way to access features as BBM
>>
>> BBM is not BIS, it's more like SMS/MMS. Multimedia text messaging in
>> other words, not Internet access and email.
>
> Yes it is, you need the BIS to use BBM.

Yes, that is how they make the money.

On other phones it's not necessary to be paying for this extra just to
have messaging.

On the other hand, BIS is great for push email which is what I use mine for.

--
Adrian C

From: Adrian C on
On 09/08/2010 11:04, Adrian C wrote:
> On 09/08/2010 10:42, jak wrote:
>>
>> "Adrian C" <email(a)here.invalid> wrote in message
>>>
>>> BBM is not BIS, it's more like SMS/MMS. Multimedia text messaging in
>>> other words, not Internet access and email.
>>
>> Yes it is, you need the BIS to use BBM.
>
> Yes, that is how they make the money.
>
> On other phones it's not necessary to be paying for this extra just to
> have messaging.
>
> On the other hand, BIS is great for push email which is what I use mine
> for.

Just to be slightly curious, walking past a Phones4u place the other
day, adverts in the window were promoting a Blackberry phone
specifically touting BBM abilities.

Is that what they think is now the main application of these phones in
the consumer face-my-book-space stratosphere?

Yikes.

--
Adrian C

First  |  Prev  |