From: Hemanth Gopal on
Dear all,

I am curious to know the method to make my postfix installation to
drop BCC header mail ids while sending from my server. Only the to and
cc should work. Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Hemanth

From: Reinaldo de Carvalho on
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Hemanth Gopal <hemanthgopal(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am curious to know the method to make my postfix installation to
> drop BCC header mail ids while sending from my server. Only the to and
> cc should work. Please let me know.

BCC isn't a header. But....

# header_checks file

/^Bcc: / IGNORE

--
Reinaldo de Carvalho
http://korreio.sf.net

"Don't try to adapt the software to the way you work, but rather
yourself to the way the software works" (myself)

From: Brian Evans - Postfix List on
Hemanth Gopal wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am curious to know the method to make my postfix installation to
> drop BCC header mail ids while sending from my server. Only the to and
> cc should work. Please let me know.

BCC is not a header.
MUAs translate BCC into envelope recipients.

Postfix cares not what To and CC say, but what list of recipients are
given to it at RCPT TO time

From: Wietse Venema on
Hemanth Gopal:
> Dear all,
>
> I am curious to know the method to make my postfix installation to
> drop BCC header mail ids while sending from my server. Only the to and
> cc should work. Please let me know.

You are not listed in the To: or Cc: header, but you receive mail
from the postfix-users list.

If you disallow bcc recipients, then you can't participate in any
mailing lists.

Wietse

From: mouss on
Hemanth Gopal a �crit :
> Dear all,
>
> I am curious to know the method to make my postfix installation to
> drop BCC header mail ids while sending from my server. Only the to and
> cc should work. Please let me know.

you need to learn more about SMTP. SMTP doesn't care about mail headers.
SMTP uses envelope addresses. when you tell you mailer to send mail to
To/CC/Bcc, your mailer converts these into envelope addresse (used in
RCPT TO commands).

email headers are not for mail routing. From:, To:, Cc: ... are simply
information to the recipient. and they can easily be forged. try this:

$ telnet localhost 25
EHLO joe.example.com
MAIL FROM:<fake(a)example.net>
RCPT TO:<joe(a)example.org>