From: rebe on
I am no longer recieving emails from one of my contacts that I use to get
daily. I checked junk folder and they are not there. I asked contact to
send many test emails and nothing shows up. I stopped receiving emails the
same day I updated my antivirus could this be the culprit?
--
rbbb
From: VanguardLH on
rebe wrote:

> I am no longer recieving emails from one of my contacts that I use to get
> daily. I checked junk folder and they are not there. I asked contact to
> send many test emails and nothing shows up. I stopped receiving emails the
> same day I updated my antivirus could this be the culprit?

We are to guess at who is your e-mail provider, or who is their e-mail
provider?
We are to guess how you access your mailbox (POP, IMAP, Exchange,
HTTP/Deltasync via add-on)?
We are to guess as to which version of Outlook that you use?

Did you disable all rules in your instance of Outlook and retest? Did you
disable the superfluous e-mail scanner in your anti-virus program? Do have
junked e-mails sent to the Junk folder or deleted immediately?

Did you use the webmail interface to your e-mail account to see if their
e-mails are in the Inbox or other folders (Junk, Spam, Trash) up on the mail
host? Did you check what anti-spam filtering options are enabled on your
account (it may be configured to delete rather than move into a Junk or Spam
folder).

Since you can apparently work with the other party to get them to send you
test e-mails, and by your absence of any mention of it, we are to assume
that the other party never gets back an NDR (non-delivery report) or DSN
(disposition status notification) when they send you those test e-mails?

Has this other party tried sending you a test e-mail to an account you have
at a *different* domain? Go open a test account elsewhere, like at Gmail,
Hotmail, Yahoo, or wherever you like that is NOT at the same domain as where
you currently receive e-mails. See if their e-mails arrive there. You
don't even have to add that other test account to Outlook but use the
webmail interface to the test account to check for delivery of the test
e-mails.