From: steve on

I am converting an old computer fan into a blower.

Over here at 240 volts, its speed is not adequate.

Is there any way to increase the speed (rpm) without burning the
motor.

Thanks.

Steve.

From: Sjouke Burry on
steve wrote:

> I am converting an old computer fan into a blower.
>

> Over here at 240 volts, its speed is not adequate.
>

> Is there any way to increase the speed (rpm) without burning the
> motor.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Steve.

Yes, increase the mains frequency and voltage(both).
Will the blower survive that? Improbable.
But for a short time, it will run faster.
From: Baron on
steve Inscribed thus:

> I am converting an old computer fan into a blower.
>

> Over here at 240 volts, its speed is not adequate.

In that case, get a blower ! A fan will not produce the back pressure
that a blower will.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
From: terryS on
On Jun 26, 3:01 pm, Baron <baron.nos...(a)linuxmaniac.nospam.net> wrote:
> steve Inscribed thus:
>

> > I am converting an old computer fan into a blower.
>
> > Over here at 240 volts, its speed is not adequate.
>
> In that case, get a blower !  A fan will not produce the back pressure
> that a blower will.
>

> > Is there any way to increase the speed (rpm) without burning the
> > motor.
>
> > Thanks.
>
> > Steve.
>
> --
> Best Regards:
>                      Baron.

Use two blowers.
From: Cydrome Leader on
steve <kvsteve(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I am converting an old computer fan into a blower.
>

> Over here at 240 volts, its speed is not adequate.
>

> Is there any way to increase the speed (rpm) without burning the
> motor.

The dumb answer is yes. Obstruct the airflow, it will spin faster.