From: Troubled on
Hi,

I'm staring at the Blue Screen of Death and realize my laptop did not ship
with an XP Install Disk. My question is there an easy way to make a
Bootable CD and if so how? I'm running XP Professional SP2.

Many thanks in advance!!!
From: Shenan Stanley on
Troubled wrote:
> I'm staring at the Blue Screen of Death and realize my laptop did
> not ship with an XP Install Disk. My question is there an easy
> way to make a Bootable CD and if so how? I'm running XP
> Professional SP2.

Only if you have all the files - in which case - you would most likely
already have a Windows XP CD, eh?

What is the Bluescreen complaining about?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Daave on
Troubled wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm staring at the Blue Screen of Death and realize my laptop did not
> ship with an XP Install Disk. My question is there an easy way to
> make a Bootable CD and if so how? I'm running XP Professional SP2.
>
> Many thanks in advance!!!

What is the make and model of your laptop? Did you buy it second-hand?
Is there an i386 folder on your C: drive?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
If a set of disks did not come with the computer, there will be a hidden
Recovery partition (not to be confused with System Restore) you would use to
do a clean install.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: Justin on
In article <#velb7aMLHA.3496(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> If a set of disks did not come with the computer, there will be a hidden
> Recovery partition (not to be confused with System Restore) you would use to
> do a clean install.

and if the reinstall partition is gone there are many sources for OEM
media.
Like eBay!

Pages: 1
Prev: Service patches