From: nass on

"DaveWT" wrote:

> When I insert a blank disc in my DVD burner, my system crashes and I get an
> error message "STOP: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0x806EE753, [see below],
> 0x00000000)" The only change to the message is to the third set of numbers
> within the brackets which reads, variously, 0xB928A4cc or 0xB9044D7C or
> 0xB9B464CC. This used to be an intermittent fault but now it occurs all the
> time.
>
> I'm using Windows XP with SP2.
>
> Is there anything I can do to fix this or do I need to call in the experts?
> Any help appreciated. Dave

Before we dig deeper, did you installed Windows Media Player 11 Recently?,
If you do try to roll-back to windows media 10, also try to update the burner
Software/driver from the manufacturer and see if that will help.

You can use this driver verifier command:
verifier.exe click [OK]
First try to eliminate hardware, by going to Device manager and check by
expanding the Plus [+] to see all devices listed, if there is a
malfunctioning device or conflicting device it will show in Device manager.

Scan your operating system for malware and viruses with an up2date
protection software. Check with the company that their server okay and your
credential not being changed.
Look in the event Viewer for error messages(X) that can help in discovering
the culprit.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427/en-us
Random "0x0000008E" Error Message on a Blue Screen in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827663

A "STOP: 0x0000008E" error message occurs when you change the hardware
acceleration setting
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330187
Error message when you try to open files on an NTFS file system volume
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930916
STOP 0x0000008E error message on a blue screen and your computer does not
enter hibernation or standby after you remove an IEEE 1394 storage device
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813818
<Quote::>
Your first error indicate a bad hardware driver installed on your system.
Read here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=sysdata&cboDiscussionGroup=en_US_4fae9fed-da91-4a2a-9d2b-5dc71973d43c%3Amicrosoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support%3Aen%3AUS%3A%3A%3A%3A&=Go&dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support&cat=en_US_4fae9fed-da91-4a2a-9d2b-5dc71973d43c&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us
stop: 0x0000008E (0x0000005, 0xAA7A1232,0xA9A15B9C, 0x000000)
KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Q244617 - How to Use Driver Verifier to
Troubleshoot Device Drivers in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q244/6/17.ASP
stop: 0x0000008E
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=stop%3A+0x0000008E&cboDiscussionGroup=en_US_4fae9fed-da91-4a2a-9d2b-5dc71973d43c%3Amicrosoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support%3Aen%3AUS%3A%3A%3A%3A&=Go&dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support&cat=en_US_4fae9fed-da91-4a2a-9d2b-5dc71973d43c&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us

Also, if you have one of these Video cards try to get the latest driver for
your Video card Specs.
Links:
Nvidia (GeForce drivers) driver downloads:
The HaxDoor virus may cause a "STOP 0x00000050" or "STOP 0x0000008e" error
message
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903251

ATI (Radeon drivers) driver downloads:
http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Then go through these cleaning steps:
Click Start >> Control Panel >> Double click Network and Internet
Connections >> Double click Internet Options.
On the IE properties windows you will see these Taps:
General | Security | Privacy | Content | Connections | Programs |
Advanced.
Under General Tab clear your History, Internet Files and Cookies.
= Then try to Disable the Add-Ons on your Browser somehow installed on your
browser, On how to disable the Add-ons follow this:
Click on Programs Tab and then click the Manage Add-Ons Button there Disable
the None/Not Verified Plug-ins/Add-ons ( you need to Renable them one-by-one
later and see which is the culprit or you can send them here in your next
post) and click [OK] to confirm your Changes.
How to manage Add-Ons:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883256

Click on Advanced Tab and scroll down under the browsing option and uncheck
this box:
[&] Browsing
[ ] Enable Third-Party browser extensions (Req Rest) and click Apply
then OK to close your IE Properties.

2.... And also for malware from here:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-gb/default.htm?s_cid=sah
http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-gb/default.htm
http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad-aware_se_personal.php
http://www.safer-networking.org ; for Spybot S&D

Run a scan from here on-line:
http://www.sophos.com
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?productid=symhome&langid=ie&venid=sym
Download Avast Cleaner from here:
Lots of tools to download and disinfect your machine:
http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/site/Downloads/browseFreeRemovalTool/
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/lng/us/tpl/v5
=How to perform a clean boot procedure to prevent background programs from
interfering with a game or a program that you currently use
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

3... You may have a bad RAM try to test your RAM by running Memtest by
downloading this tool and unzip it and make a floppy or CD/DVD and run it on
Reboot.
http://www.memtest86.com/
You may need to reposition/reset the RAM sticks in their slots.

</Quote::>
HTH.
nass
-------
www.nasstec.co.uk

From: Bob I on
Since burning and reading are different power levels I wonder if that is
still valid? Otherwise the possibility exists that it is software and
driver related. Windows XP knows nothing of DVD burning and so relies on
third party software provided by the user.

From: DaveWT on
Gerry,

I really appreciate the detailed instructions which I need.

There are no yellow question marks in Device Manager.

Files not digitally signed are lstone2k.sys, marvinbus.sys, memalloc.sys,
ousb2hub.sys, ousbehci.sys, wfsys.sys, lstone.ux, b720x576.uxo and
b720x480.uxo. Whilst you referred to ignoring any not checked, there were no
check boxes in the Signature Verification Results. Does this offer any clues
to the problem?

Regards

Dave

From: Gerry on
Dave

When you have little to go on unsigned drivers are always worth
researching.

lstone2k.sys
lstone.ux
b720x576.uxo
b720x480.uxo

These all seem to come from the same source. Looks like a war game from
Pinnacle Studio. Uninstall and observe for effect. You can always
reinstall if you are still geting Blue Screens. I have not managed to
research others yet.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DaveWT wrote:
> Gerry,
>
> I really appreciate the detailed instructions which I need.
>
> There are no yellow question marks in Device Manager.
>
> Files not digitally signed are lstone2k.sys, marvinbus.sys,
> memalloc.sys, ousb2hub.sys, ousbehci.sys, wfsys.sys, lstone.ux,
> b720x576.uxo and . Whilst you referred to ignoring any
> not checked, there were no check boxes in the Signature Verification
> Results. Does this offer any clues to the problem?
>
> Regards
>
> Dave
>
> "Gerry" wrote:
>
>> Dave
>>
>> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms794023.aspx
>>
>> Are there any yellow question marks in Device Manager? Right click on
>> the My Computer icon on your Desktop and select Properties,
>> Hardware,Device Manager. If yes what is the Device Error code?
>>
>> Try Start, Run, type "sigverif.exe" without quotes and hit OK. What
>> drivers are listed as unsigned? Disregard those which are not
>> checked.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Gerry
>> ~~~~
>> FCA
>> Stourport, England
>> Enquire, plan and execute
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>

>> DaveWT wrote:
>>> When I insert a blank disc in my DVD burner, my system crashes and I
>>> get an error message "STOP: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0x806EE753, [see
>>> below], 0x00000000)" The only change to the message is to the third
>>> set of numbers within the brackets which reads, variously,
>>> 0xB928A4cc or 0xB9044D7C or 0xB9B464CC. This used to be an
>>> intermittent fault but now it occurs all the time.
>>>
>>> I'm using Windows XP with SP2.
>>>
>>> Is there anything I can do to fix this or do I need to call in the
>>> experts? Any help appreciated. Dave

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Disable Standby for all users