From: DaveWT on
When I insert a blank disc in my DVD burner, my system crashes and I get an
error message "STOP: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0x806EE753, [see below],
0x00000000)" The only change to the message is to the third set of numbers
within the brackets which reads, variously, 0xB928A4cc or 0xB9044D7C or
0xB9B464CC. This used to be an intermittent fault but now it occurs all the
time.

I'm using Windows XP with SP2.

Is there anything I can do to fix this or do I need to call in the experts?
Any help appreciated. Dave

From: Bob I on
Looks like a hardware issue, see "8E" at link below.
http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

From: DaveWT on
Bob, Thanks for that but the DVD burner accepts and plays e.g. commercially
produced discs. Compatability would therefore not seem to be an issue and
the problem is connected with new blank discs. Any further thoughts? Dave

From: Gerry on
Dave

Are there any yellow question marks in Device Manager? Right click on
the My Computer icon on your Desktop and select Properties,
Hardware,Device Manager. If yes what is the Device Error code?

Try Start, Run, type "sigverif.exe" without quotes and hit OK. What
drivers are listed as unsigned? Disregard those which are not checked.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: R. McCarty on
Another often overlooked issue with burning DVDs is that the
Default Playback region for the player hasn't been set. Why it
would affect the ability to record I can't say.

"DaveWT" <DaveWT(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Bob, Thanks for that but the DVD burner accepts and plays e.g.
> commercially
> produced discs. Compatability would therefore not seem to be an issue and
> the problem is connected with new blank discs. Any further thoughts? Dave
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>
>> Looks like a hardware issue, see "8E" at link below.
>> http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm
>>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Disable Standby for all users