From: RichardMAN on
I am working on Bluetooth profile implementations for Vista, based on recent
release of Bluetooth DDI (I'm not sure if Bluetooth DDI is completed or not,
since documents are only template and takes forever for bthddi(a)microsoft.com
to reply). I have a quick question that I hope someone here may provide me a
feedback.

Does BTHPORT driver provide Interfaces that can be accessed from client
driver via QUERY_INTERFACE? Both L2CAP_SERVER_INTERFACE and
SCO_SERVER_INTERFACE requires a Interface pointer, but my QUERY_INTERFACE IRP
to BTHPORT returns NULL pointer with no error returned from a IoCallDriver
call. It is also a bit abnormal to see GUID_BTHDDI_SERVER_INTERFACE not
defined in bthdef.h (commented out in bthddi.h). I am not sure if
QUERY_INTERFACE IRP is implemented, or yet to be implemented in your recent
release DDI.

If not, then what would be the recommended way to issue both
L2CAP_SERVER_INTERFACE and SCO_SERVER_INTERFACE BRB, as required to register
and receive incoming data?

Or perhaps current release I've got (last WinHec) of Bluetooth DDI is not
even ready for third-party development?

Does anyone have any update on development and documents on the latest
Bluetooth DDI?
From: Doron Holan [MS] on
i don't know what the current state is, but yes, bthport supports
QUERY_INTERFACE. you do need the right GUIDs though, i don't know where
they have defined those in the public release.

Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. this alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

From: RichardMAN on
Must client driver be enumerated and loaded by BThport before QUERY_INTERFACE
will return valid interface, and not by other mean such as with
IoGetDeviceObjectPointer and IoGetAttachedDeviceReference to build the irp?

Who might know whats the vaild GUID_BTHDDI_SERVER_INTERFACE that BTHPort
supported?]

Thanks

From: Doron Holan [MS] on
yes, you have to be enumerated by bthport. these interfaces are maintained
at the PDO level, sending them to the FDO won't get you very far.

From: RichardMAN on

Thanks for the hint, Doron. I will give it a quick shot.