From: Steffie721 on
When I'm on line, the pictures and graphics are always blurry. How can I fix
this problem?
--
Steffie721
From: Jan Il on
Hi Steffie :-)

You do not mention what version of Windows you are using, so I can only
provide general information. You might try the following and see if it
helps:

Clearing the TIF Cache -
Safely Delete the Temporary Internet Files
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

JPEG images appear distorted in Internet Explorer 6
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=828682

Fuzzy Text and fuzzy web graphics

Change the DPI setting from Large to Normal and see if that helps.

and..

Do you havw an accelerator supplied by your ISP? If so, try turning it off.

or......

I can't see JPG's or GIFS any more - red x - images missing - fuzzy
images/distorted images
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#jpg_gif
or .
http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm

also..

How To Update Video Driver

If you don't know the loacation of your Video driver, or how to find it:
Location for XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314854
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/learnmore/updatingdrivers.mspx
or......
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314854
Find the information on your video driver. Then go to the website for mfg.
of the video driver and look for the update to download and install. There
may also be a Update Driver button on the dialog box you can use to go
direct to the update download site.

also........

Try reducing hardware acceleration:
Right click on the Desktop on an open area,
Properties>Settings>Advanced>Troubleshoot
Move the slider back to the left a little and test to see if that helps.
Try it at increments until you get all the way to the left end to see if
that helps.

and ...

Images and Pictures Problems
http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/ieimage.htm

Hope this helps :-)

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

From: Steffie721 on
Thanks for replying. Here's some more info so that maybe you can narrow it
down for me. I'm always afraid of changing settings/downloading, etc. if I
don't know exactly what I'm doing. Anyway... when I right click on a blurry
image (either a graphic or picture) there's an option at the bottom that says
something to the effect of "Display image in full quality", when I click that
the image reloads and is fine, no more blurryness. So how do I get all the
images to load that way with out having to click on that for EVERY image on
every page? My computer is running XP and IE 6 (i think, it might be version
5, but i'm not sure). Any more thoughts, i know it has to be a simple
setting somewhere that is just eluding me. Thanks again. Steff

Pages: 1
Next: iexplorer.exe application error.