From: John Pollard on
John Pollard wrote:

> Bottom line (from my viewpoint): Intuit says that if a transfer
> request has been sent, you can not delete it from Quicken. Since
> correctable data corruption has been ruled out of the equation, that
> tells me that the best way to solve your problem (and likely the only
> way) is do what it takes to make sure your "move" results in the
> exact same file on the TO pc as you started with on the FROM pc. And
> that the Windows user on the TO pc has the exact same access to the
> Quicken data that the Windows user on the FROM pc has.

I should have added - just to cover all bases - that you should have the
same release of Q2009 (most likely, R6) on both machines.

--

John Pollard

From: vodil on
On Aug 27, 7:25 am, "John Pollard" <inva...(a)invalid.com> wrote:

> Bottom line (from my viewpoint): Intuit says that if a transfer request
> has been sent, you can not delete it from Quicken.  Since correctable data
> corruption has been ruled out of the equation, that tells me that the best
> way to solve your problem (and likely the only way) is do what it takes to
> make sure your "move" results in the exact same file on the TO pc as you
> started with on the FROM pc.  And that the Windows user on the TO pc has
> the exact same access to the Quicken data that the Windows user on the
> FROM pc has.
>
> --
Both IRL and in the register the transfers are complete. Quicken
keeps trying to send "post-dated" duplicate transfers and rightfully
complains. If there were transfer requests in the register, I'd
delete them as it wants, but there are not. Somewhere in one of the
quicken files there are transfer requests it keeps trying to send. I
can't beleive there is no way to rout them out.

I'd be happy to recover it the way you suggest, but the FROM PC is
gone as it had a flaky motherboard and is being rebuilt. I have the
backup data from it, but that is what I started with in the first
place. Clearly it is not primarily the QEL file anyway because I
started with an empty one and the transfer requests were still there
trying to be sent. The transfer requests are somewhere else in the
quicken fileset.

P.S. Gratuitious remarks about deprovements in Vista deleted since
this is a family group.
From: Curt on
Hi all,

In Quicken H&B 2009, I am trying to find and delete duplicate
transactions resulting from transaction dowloads. My question is, is
it possible to:

1) delete all downloaded transactions (there is a rather tedious way
to identify all downloaded transactions),
2) reset the "downloaded transaction counter" associated with the
account (with this be done by deleting the QEL file?).
3) do a new download that only downloads transaction as of a specified
date (if so, how??)

Thanks, Curt