From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:54:01 -0800, PSRumbagh
<PSRumbagh(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Can I control the order in which programs are loaded during boot-up?

Yes. Load them from a batch file, putting them in the order you want
them within the batch file.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Twayne on
In news:i698n590pl72hmrs4rltd73bpq9e79i8s1(a)4ax.com,
Ken Blake, MVP <kblake(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> typed:
> On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:54:01 -0800, PSRumbagh
> <PSRumbagh(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> Can I control the order in which programs are loaded during boot-up?
>

> Yes. Load them from a batch file, putting them in the order you want
> them within the batch file.

What mechanism would you use to keep them from loading into the System Tray,
etc., so that the batch file could run and do its suggested job?

Twayne

Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a
part of the moral tissue.

From: "db" databaseben at hotmail dot on
you can always utilize
the three hierarchy's
in windows to launch
programs.

firstly, you can use
the msconfig to enable
which programs to
start at boot time.

secondly, you can then
use the startup folder
to launch the next set
of programs.

thirdly, you can then
launch the third set
of programs manually.

--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

From: Lem on
Twayne wrote:
> In news:i698n590pl72hmrs4rltd73bpq9e79i8s1(a)4ax.com,
> Ken Blake, MVP <kblake(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> typed:
>> On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:54:01 -0800, PSRumbagh
>> <PSRumbagh(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Can I control the order in which programs are loaded during boot-up?
>>

>> Yes. Load them from a batch file, putting them in the order you want
>> them within the batch file.
>
> What mechanism would you use to keep them from loading into the System
> Tray, etc., so that the batch file could run and do its suggested job?
>
> Twayne

Remove the corresponding entries from their current locations (which may
not always be the best idea). See
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial44.html

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
From: SC Tom on

"PSRumbagh" <PSRumbagh(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I control the order in which programs are loaded during boot-up?

Along with what the others have suggested, if you're having a problem with a
particular program loading too soon, there's a nice little program called
Startup Delayer (
http://www.r2.com.au/software.php?page=2&show=startdelay ). Although it's
not listed, it also works fine in Windows7. I use it to delay two different
programs on my notebook that were giving me errors when they started
together.
--
SC Tom

First  |  Prev  |