From: hawk on
I'm finally getting around to getting this machine going again . . .

I want to boot purely from zfs, which I understand can now happen
without a separate zfs partition. I have an existing zraid tank set up,
which would supposedly boot if windows hadn't made its attack on one of
the other disks (at the time, the FreeBSD loader couldn't handle ZFS).

The big "cumulative /home" is already loaded onto the /home, with the
other mountpoints being of reasonable size.

The three disks were handed over completely to zraid as raw devices;
they have no other partitioning.

What I would *like* to happen is to put GAG either on this set (or
another disk if I have to; it will keep at least one additional HD
anyway), and then have the bootloader on this set boot into FreeBSD.
(Eventually, Linux & XP will only run virtualized under FreeBSD, but for
now, they'll bo off the other disk.)

Are there instructions somewhere that will let me use an install cd and
use my existing zfs tank?

thanks

hawk