From: "techlist06" on
>You are NOT 'rejecting', you are ACCEPTING, then BOUNCING, which you
>should never do if you can possibly help it. Reject it at smtp time.
>
>Why waste system resources scanning messages you will later bounce?

I understand your point. Thank you for correcting my syntax. FWIW, this
will only happen to a relatively minuscule number of inbound messages. I
don't *think* it will take much in the way of resources. For my specific
purpose, this check is to deal with the occasional, but fairly regular
incorrect replies to the announcement list. The access map check is likely
to only have to deal with such an "accept, then bounce" a few times a week.
So I figured instead of testing thousands per day of unrelated inbound
messages against this access check that I know will get "hit" rarely, I
figured it would be better to put the check nearer the end of my UCE checks.
Which will cause the occasional accept then bounce.

Mainly I was apprehensive about moving the restriction on my main.cf. I
have tried to carefully select respected authorities books and one
particular UCE "guide" to build my main.cf. And it works very, very well
(thanks Ralf). Not being an expert, I don't want to accidentally break
anything that is there and screw it up. If you have a suggestion on where
to put the access map restriction in my setup, I'm all ears.

Thanks!