From: redrumloa on
I have been thinking how nice it would be if the uIEC would have a
Geos/Wheels driver. On other platforms I have seen bounty systems for
wanted software. Why not for this driver? The C64-Wiki page states a
proof of concept driver exists and to contact a user "1570".

http://www.c64-wiki.com/index.php/sd2iec_%28firmware%29#Is_GEOS_supported.3F

I attempted to do this but was instructed I needed to log in. I
attempted to register but never got a n email reply to confirm
registration. Seeing I cannot code much beyond "Hello world!" in
anything besides Basic myself, I am left wondering who could and what
would persuade them? AROS and other systems have relatively good
success with bounty programs, what about here? Wouldn't a Geos driver
be the one must have bit of software for the uIEC?

I'd like some input here. I could set up a new PayPal account myself
and do it manually if needed, I would even be willing to donate $50 to
start. I could track donations online somewhere. I think at minimum
Geos 64 and 128, Plus Wheels 64 and 128 should be working to claim the
bounty.

Input please.
From: RobertB on
FWIW, GEOS was announced to be working on
the IDE64 a few days ago.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
July 24-25 Commodore Vegas Expo 2010 -
http://www.commodore.ca/forum
and click on ComVEX
From: DMackey828 on
On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 15:50:19 -0700 (PDT), RobertB <rbernardo(a)iglou.com>
wrote:

>FWIW, GEOS was announced to be working on
>the IDE64 a few days ago.

Hey Robert,
To do have a webs site that has that posted? Would love to give it a
go sometime myself..

TIA.
From: RobertB on
On Jun 6, 4:02 pm, DMackey828 <n2...(a)NOSPAMarrl.net> wrote:

> To do have a webs site that has that posted?

Petter Lindquist has it. He wrote, "There are still
a couple of things to be done, but I've uploaded a
demo with with geolink and a loader on

http://mumu21.se/?page=417

From: xlar54 on
Once upon a time (http://www.commodore128.org/index.php?topic=1002.0)
there was a link to a completely reverse engineered copy of the GEOS
source code. The link doesnt work anymore, but i have the code.
Maybe some brilliant mind out there could fix it for uIEC. My guess
though, is that since it uses its own fastloader code and does alot of
old-school disk stuff, that it would be more than a little tricky.