From: Jim Brain on
I wanted to inform folks that it is likely that the Brain Innovations
online store will be unable to ship orders from July 15th to August 2nd,
and may be slow to ship for a few months after August 2nd.

I apologize in advance for this interruption, but will try to fill
orders as soon as possible. I have considered closing the store during
the time period, but am not currently planning to do so (some products
are virtual and will continue to be available without delay, and I am
taking steps to attempt uninterrupted delivery of orders).

Let me assure you, the interruption is not a concern and is but a minor
and temporary inconvenience. As some of you may know, I've accepted a
new position in Sioux Falls, SD, which requires relocation. I've also
planned a multi-week vacation with the family prior to start of the new
position.

I'm excited about this opportunity, both for the obvious reasons, and
because it will allow me the ability to construct a proper work
environment for hardware design and sales (the current environment is
cramped and I cannot maintain the configurations necessary to bench test
products prior to shipment).

I *will* be able to fulfill orders until July 15th. If you are already
planning on making a purchase, I would recommend placing an order as
soon as possible. And, although I offer both Paypal and Google Checkout
options, I'll also note that Paypal orders are easier to fill (Google
Checkout doesn't yet integrate with the USPS for postage).

Regardless, I do appreciate all of the orders and I hope all of my
customers are satisfied with their purchases. I'm very pleased with
sales and response thus far and am committed to expanding the store as
time permits.

Since I'm concentrating on filling orders and preparing for the
relocation, any help in reposting this to other forums would be appreciated.

Jim Brain
Brain Innovations
www.jbrain.com
www.jbrain.net (e-store)
From: Dmackey828 on
On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:53:54 -0500, Jim Brain <brain(a)jbrain.com>
wrote:

>I wanted to inform folks that it is likely that the Brain Innovations
>online store will be unable to ship orders from July 15th to August 2nd,
>and may be slow to ship for a few months after August 2nd.
>
>I apologize in advance for this interruption, but will try to fill
>orders as soon as possible. I have considered closing the store during
>the time period, but am not currently planning to do so (some products
>are virtual and will continue to be available without delay, and I am
>taking steps to attempt uninterrupted delivery of orders).

<snip>

Thanks Jim for letting us know. We all trust you thats for sure.

Hope the move and new job work out. :)
From: Slartibartfast on
On Jul 8, 3:53 am, Jim Brain <br...(a)jbrain.com> wrote:
> I wanted to inform folks that it is likely that the Brain Innovations
> online store will be unable to ship orders from July 15th to August 2nd,
> and may be slow to ship for a few months after August 2nd.
>
> I apologize in advance for this interruption, but will try to fill
> orders as soon as possible. I have considered closing the store during
> the time period, but am not currently planning to do so (some products
> are virtual and will continue to be available without delay, and I am
> taking steps to attempt uninterrupted delivery of orders).
>
> Let me assure you, the interruption is not a concern and is but a minor
> and temporary inconvenience.  As some of you may know, I've accepted a
> new position in Sioux Falls, SD, which requires relocation.  I've also
> planned a multi-week vacation with the family prior to start of the new
> position.
>
> I'm excited about this opportunity, both for the obvious reasons, and
> because it will allow me the ability to construct a proper work
> environment for hardware design and sales (the current environment is
> cramped and I cannot maintain the configurations necessary to bench test
> products prior to shipment).
>
> I *will* be able to fulfill orders until July 15th.  If you are already
> planning on making a purchase, I would recommend placing an order as
> soon as possible.  And, although I offer both Paypal and Google Checkout
> options, I'll also note that Paypal orders are easier to fill (Google
> Checkout doesn't yet integrate with the USPS for postage).
>
> Regardless, I do appreciate all of the orders and I hope all of my
> customers are satisfied with their purchases.  I'm very pleased with
> sales and response thus far and am committed to expanding the store as
> time permits.
>
> Since I'm concentrating on filling orders and preparing for the
> relocation, any help in reposting this to other forums would be appreciated.
>
> Jim Brain
> Brain Innovationswww.jbrain.comwww.jbrain.net(e-store)

Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered a 64NIC+ and Xpander :)
Hopefully the e-cheque will clear by the 15th!
From: Clocky on
Jim Brain wrote:
> I wanted to inform folks that it is likely that the Brain Innovations
> online store will be unable to ship orders from July 15th to August
> 2nd, and may be slow to ship for a few months after August 2nd.
>
> I apologize in advance for this interruption, but will try to fill
> orders as soon as possible. I have considered closing the store during
> the time period, but am not currently planning to do so (some products
> are virtual and will continue to be available without delay, and I am
> taking steps to attempt uninterrupted delivery of orders).
>
> Let me assure you, the interruption is not a concern and is but a
> minor and temporary inconvenience. As some of you may know, I've accepted
> new position in Sioux Falls, SD, which requires relocation. I've also
> planned a multi-week vacation with the family prior to start of the
> new position.
>
> I'm excited about this opportunity, both for the obvious reasons, and
> because it will allow me the ability to construct a proper work
> environment for hardware design and sales (the current environment is
> cramped and I cannot maintain the configurations necessary to bench
> test products prior to shipment).
>
> I *will* be able to fulfill orders until July 15th. If you are
> already planning on making a purchase, I would recommend placing an
> order as soon as possible. And, although I offer both Paypal and Google
> Checkout options, I'll also note that Paypal orders are easier to
> fill (Google Checkout doesn't yet integrate with the USPS for
> postage).
> Regardless, I do appreciate all of the orders and I hope all of my
> customers are satisfied with their purchases. I'm very pleased with
> sales and response thus far and am committed to expanding the store as
> time permits.
>
> Since I'm concentrating on filling orders and preparing for the
> relocation, any help in reposting this to other forums would be
> appreciated.

Good luck with the new job and thanks for the heads-up :-)