From: Andrew Wiskow on
For the past few years, I've been running what has been, for most of
that time, the only Commodore-run dial-up BBS anywhere in the world.
Borderline BBS has been running on a C64 in my home in southern
California, and while it has never received a huge volume of calls, it
has had calls from all over the world. People have called in from
places like Australia, the Netherlands, and even Israel. I always
said that I'd keep it up and running as long as people continued to
call. Well, for the past two weeks, Borderline BBS has not had a
single caller. I hate to keep equipment up and running if no one is
going to use it, so I've decided to make a change. As of today,
Borderline BBS has been taken offline, indefintely. I may bring it
back online in the future if there seems to be interest, but for now,
it's been taken down.

I have, however, brought a new BBS online. It's called Cottonwood II,
and it's running on Color 64 v7.36 software. I recently discovered a
way to get Color 64 v7.xx and earlier running via Telnet, so that's
what I've done. I've been testing this setup for the past couple
weeks, and it's been running in place of Cottonwood BBS. The setup is
rock solid, and I've decided to run both Cottonwood BBS and Cottonwood
II via Telnet simultaneously. Cottonwood BBS, which runs on All
American BBS software, is now on the standard Telnet port 23. The
"new and improved" Cottonwood II is now running on port 6400. New
users are always welcome, and I hope everyone will check out both of
these BBSs.

Here are the addresses:

Cottonwood BBS
cottonwood.servebbs.com

Cottonwood II
cottonwood.servebbs.com:6400
(use a space in lieu of the colon if you're using CGTERM)

New BBS setup photos and information has been posted on the Cottonwood
Informational Website at http://cottonwood.servebbs.com

-Andrew
From: Groepaz on
Andrew Wiskow wrote:

> For the past few years, I've been running what has been, for most of
> that time, the only Commodore-run dial-up BBS anywhere in the world.

i doubt it. antidote and thehidden existed earlier, and will stay longer =P

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org http://magicdisk.untergrund.net
http://www.pokefinder.org http://ftp.pokefinder.org

The Scene always wins.

From: Andrew Wiskow on
On Jul 8, 10:38 am, Groepaz <groe...(a)gmx.net> wrote:

> i doubt it. antidote and thehidden existed earlier, and will stay longer =P

Groepaz, I think you misunderstood... I referring to the fact that
Borderline was the only *dial-up* board (accessible using a modem over
a phone line). There are around 20 or so active Telnet-accessible
boards run on Commodores at any given time, including Antidote and The
Hidden.

-Andrew
From: chiefnerd on
On Jul 12, 2:37 pm, Andrew Wiskow <wis...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Groepaz, I think you misunderstood... I referring to the fact that
> Borderline was the only *dial-up* board (accessible using a modem over
> a phone line).

FYI, Citadel 64 BBS is still up and running for dial-up access -
209-845-2641. I encourage all who are interested in old school BBSing
to dust off your modems and call in!

Running:
Stock C64
uIEC
1581
U.S. Robotics modem @ 2400bps

From: Andrew Wiskow on
On Jul 21, 2:14 pm, chiefnerd <chiefn...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> FYI, Citadel 64 BBS is still up and running for dial-up access -
> 209-845-2641. I encourage all who are interested in old school BBSing
> to dust off your modems and call in!
>
> Running:
> Stock C64
> uIEC
> 1581
> U.S. Robotics modem @ 2400bps

That's great news! I'll be sure to send everyone your way that's
looking for a dial-up BBS to call. :)

-Andrew