From: Allen on
Bowser wrote:
<snip>
> Don't verb nouns.
And limit misspelled words in subjects to no more than one.
Allen
From: John McWilliams on
Allen wrote:
> Bowser wrote:
> <snip>
>> Don't verb nouns.

> And [do] limit misspelled words in subjects to (no more than) one.

And "don't" put in "quotes" that which does "not belong" in quotation marks.

--
john mcwilliams
From: Wolfgang Weisselberg on
Bowser <its(a)bowzah.ukme> wrote:

> Well, you've got me here. But is there any advertising that isn't *false*
> advertising?

Of course there is.

> It seems to be the nature of the beast; press the boundaries of
> lying and see if you can dupe suckers into spending money. This is an
> extreme example, but only by a few degrees, really.

The difference between first degree burns (e.g. a bit red due to sunburn)
and third degree burns (may require grafting, produces scarring,
etc.) are only 2 degrees ... really!

-Wolfgang
From: Paul Furman on
Bowser wrote:

> Paul Ciszek wrote
>> Bowser wrote:
>>> Since we're dumping on Brits this week, I thought I'd take the
>>> opportunity to pile on:
>>>
>>> http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/twiggys-photoshopped-olay-ads-banned-in-england-554961/
>>
>> Seems like a pretty clear case of false advertising to me.
>> The ad claims that the creme made her eyes look "young", while in fact it
>> was photoshop.
>
> No question, but what ads aren't fake? Like this one:
>
> http://shine.yahoo.com/event/fallbeauty/image-of-ultra-thin-ralph-lauren-model-sparks-outrage-521480/

The 'Photoshop Disasters' blog folks should have sued Ralph Lauren for a
false DMCA action.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net