From: "Ron Piggott" on

I am trying to write a query to select a trivia question, but I don't want
the trivia question category to be the same two days in a row so I added a
second "SELECT" syntax to find out what category was used yesterday. This
works when I test it "live", but doesn't work when it is part of a cron
job. How do I get the value of `Bible_trivia_category_reference` from the
second SELECT query to be used in the first? What change is needed? Ron

SELECT * FROM `verse_of_the_day_Bible_trivia` WHERE `assigned_date` =
'0000-00-00' AND `seasonal_use` = $bible_trivia_application AND `live` =1
AND NOT `Bible_trivia_category_reference` = ( SELECT
`Bible_trivia_category_reference` FROM `verse_of_the_day_Bible_trivia`
WHERE `assigned_date` = '$last_mailing_date' LIMIT 1 ) ORDER BY RAND()
LIMIT 1

From: Patrick Price on
How is the last mailing date variable set?
Have you tried printing out the queries that are run when it is run manually
and when it is run as a cron to find any differences?

-patrick

On Jul 11, 2010 8:23 AM, "Ron Piggott" <ron.piggott(a)actsministries.org>
wrote:

I am trying to write a query to select a trivia question, but I don't want
the trivia question category to be the same two days in a row so I added a
second "SELECT" syntax to find out what category was used yesterday. This
works when I test it "live", but doesn't work when it is part of a cron
job. How do I get the value of `Bible_trivia_category_reference` from the
second SELECT query to be used in the first? What change is needed? Ron

SELECT * FROM `verse_of_the_day_Bible_trivia` WHERE `assigned_date` =
'0000-00-00' AND `seasonal_use` = $bible_trivia_application AND `live` =1
AND NOT `Bible_trivia_category_reference` = ( SELECT
`Bible_trivia_category_reference` FROM `verse_of_the_day_Bible_trivia`
WHERE `assigned_date` = '$last_mailing_date' LIMIT 1 ) ORDER BY RAND()
LIMIT 1

Yes I have checked that $last_mailing_date contains a date.

I was wrong, It doesn't work when it is live. I had only ran the first
query before I added the "AND NOT" portion, sorry.

Ron

From: Niel Archer on

> I am trying to write a query to select a trivia question, but I don't want
> the trivia question category to be the same two days in a row so I added a
> second "SELECT" syntax to find out what category was used yesterday. This
> works when I test it "live", but doesn't work when it is part of a cron
> job. How do I get the value of `Bible_trivia_category_reference` from the
> second SELECT query to be used in the first? What change is needed? Ron
>
> SELECT * FROM `verse_of_the_day_Bible_trivia` WHERE `assigned_date` =
> '0000-00-00' AND `seasonal_use` = $bible_trivia_application AND `live` =1
> AND NOT `Bible_trivia_category_reference` = ( SELECT
> `Bible_trivia_category_reference` FROM `verse_of_the_day_Bible_trivia`
> WHERE `assigned_date` = '$last_mailing_date' LIMIT 1 ) ORDER BY RAND()
> LIMIT 1

Try changing: "AND NOT `Bible_trivia_category_reference` = ( SELECT ..."
to "AND `Bible_trivia_category_reference` != ( SELECT ..."

Niel Archer
niel.archer (at) blueyonder.co.uk

Pages: 1
Prev: imagettftext