From: PsyberFox on
Hi there,

I want a user to select a path from a pop-up and then this folder location
should be saved in a table. Can someone please assist with the last part as
I'm not sure how to update a record from information supplied via a form.

Here is the code thusfar but the last option obviously doesn't work as it
should:

Private Sub cmd_FileLocation_Click()

On Error Resume Next

Dim f As FileDialog
Set f = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
f.Show
MsgBox ("You have selected: ") & f.SelectedItems(1)

DoCmd.OpenTable "tbl_XSetup_files"
[tbl_XSetup_Files].[FileLocation].Value = f.SelectedItems(1)

End Sub

Thank you kindly!
From: Daryl S on
W -

Build a SQL statement and then run it, something like this:

SQL = "INSERT Into tbl_XSetup_files " & _
"(FileLocation) SELECT '" & _
f.SelectedItems(1) & "' AS FileLocation;"

DoCmd.RunSQL SQL

--
Daryl S

From: RonaldoOneNil on
Private Sub cmd_FileLocation_Click()

On Error Resume Next

Dim f As FileDialog
Set f = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
f.Show
MsgBox ("You have selected: ") & f.SelectedItems(1)

DoCmd.SetWarnings False
DoCmd.RunSQL "UPDATE tbl_XSetup_files SET FileLocation = '" &
f.SelectedItems(1) & "'"
DoCmd.SetWarnings True

End Sub

From: PsyberFox on
THANK YOU BOTH!!!

"RonaldoOneNil" wrote:

> Private Sub cmd_FileLocation_Click()
>
> On Error Resume Next
>
> Dim f As FileDialog
> Set f = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
> f.Show
> MsgBox ("You have selected: ") & f.SelectedItems(1)
>
> DoCmd.SetWarnings False
> DoCmd.RunSQL "UPDATE tbl_XSetup_files SET FileLocation = '" &
> f.SelectedItems(1) & "'"
> DoCmd.SetWarnings True
>
> End Sub
>
> "PsyberFox" wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I want a user to select a path from a pop-up and then this folder location
> > should be saved in a table. Can someone please assist with the last part as
> > I'm not sure how to update a record from information supplied via a form.
> >
> > Here is the code thusfar but the last option obviously doesn't work as it
> > should:
> >
> > Private Sub cmd_FileLocation_Click()
> >
> > On Error Resume Next
> >
> > Dim f As FileDialog
> > Set f = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
> > f.Show
> > MsgBox ("You have selected: ") & f.SelectedItems(1)
> >
> > DoCmd.OpenTable "tbl_XSetup_files"
> > [tbl_XSetup_Files].[FileLocation].Value = f.SelectedItems(1)
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > Thank you kindly!

Pages: 1
Prev: ....essai...