From: thanatoid on
"glee" <glee29(a)spamindspring.com> wrote in

> Surely any rational person would read the readme text file
> in the zip for instructions.

*rational*

--
You know, that viruses never really sleep
And that hackers never blink their eyes
From: 98 Guy on
glee wrote:

> Surely any rational person would read the readme text file in the
> zip for instructions.

Not before reading the web-page (which now might leave the rational
person with the impression that the hosts file is not for win-98
systems).
From: glee on
"98 Guy" <98(a)Guy.com> wrote in message news:4C5175C3.84206E90(a)Guy.com...
> glee wrote:
>
>> Surely any rational person would read the readme text file in the
>> zip for instructions.
>
> Not before reading the web-page (which now might leave the rational
> person with the impression that the hosts file is not for win-98
> systems).

That's your opinion...I disagree. Most people will not bother reading
the entire web page. They are referred to the site for the download,
and that's what they go there to get.
You can believe whatever you like, but it's a quantum leap to take what
could be a simple oversight and make it out to be deliberate with
absolutely no evidence to suggest such is the case, and plenty to
suggest that it's an oversight.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+