From: Antoni on
Hello,

After installing WM 6 SDK I can't seem to find any project for
building DLLs for WM6 in the EVC 4.0 development enviornment. How can
I build DLLs for WM6?

Thanks

From: Michael Salamone on
You have to use Visual Studio 2005.

--
Michael Salamone, eMVP
Entrek Software, Inc.

From: r_z_aret on
On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 05:24:25 -0700, Antoni <antonimassomola(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>After installing WM 6 SDK I can't seem to find any project for
>building DLLs for WM6 in the EVC 4.0 development enviornment. How can
>I build DLLs for WM6?

I just checked File->New->Projects in eVC 4. I see an option for a WCE
DLL, and options for platform-specific applications, but none for a
platform-specific DLL or a platform-specific static library.

One of my main projects is for a static library. I must have started
it with the WCE static library choice. But the project definitely
makes me choose a platform when I go to build the library. So I
suggest choosing the WCE dll and then seeing what happens.

I didn't think the WM 6 SDK would work with eVC 4. When you start a
new project, do you see any options for WM 6 platforms?

Have you tried building and using a generic (WCE) DLL? I almost always
build for the original Pocket PC and my apps run under WM 5. I haven't
had a chance to test WM 6.

>Thanks

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: Antoni on
In VS 2005 I see an option at Visual C++ --> Smarte Device --> MFC
Smart Device DLL, but it fails returning error Creating project
'WM6dll' ... project creation failed.

Any ideas?

From: Joel Clark [MSFT] on
Sounds like a corrupt install. Which version of VS are you using? Also, you
may try to run a repair on your VS and the SDK.

--
-Joel Clark (MSFT)