From: joet on
On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 21:51:21 -0600, joet(a)lkasfhd,cueball wrote:

>My ability to see and download youtube videos used to be fine. All of
>a sudden, I find I cannot see nor download youtube stuff any longer.
>Here is the problem in a nutshell.
>
>Let's say I do a youtube search for Bing Crosby. I end up on the page
>containing Bing's videos, but only the first few thumbnails of his
>music are showing. The rest are an empty frame with no picture.
>When I click on one of the pics which is showing, I get this message:
>"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of
>Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player. "
>
>I do have the latest flash player: 10.0.42,34, and I do have my
>Javascript turned on.
>
>I have t these addons:
>1-click youtube video downloader 1.1
>Adblock Plus 1.1.1
>BetterPrivacy
>CoolPreviews
>Microsoft .Net Frame2work Assistant 1.1
>
>I had no trouble seeing nor downloading youtube vids with the present
>setup until a few days ago. As far as I can tell, nothing has
>changed. To confuse the situation even more, when I use MS Internet
>Explorer, I get the very same results. As I said, until a day or two
>ago, I had absolutely no problem with youtube. Anyone have any idea
>what the heck happened?

I remembered having a "slight" crash when turning off the comp a few
days before this problem started, so I went back and reloaded a True
Image backup that was created a few days before that crash. That did
it. I have YouTube back and everything's fine again. True Image saved
my butt again, as it has many times through the years.