From: joet on
My ability to see and download youtube videos used to be fine. All of
a sudden, I find I cannot see nor download youtube stuff any longer.
Here is the problem in a nutshell.

Let's say I do a youtube search for Bing Crosby. I end up on the page
containing Bing's videos, but only the first few thumbnails of his
music are showing. The rest are an empty frame with no picture.
When I click on one of the pics which is showing, I get this message:
"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of
Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player. "

I do have the latest flash player: 10.0.42,34, and I do have my
Javascript turned on.

I have t these addons:
1-click youtube video downloader 1.1
Adblock Plus 1.1.1
BetterPrivacy
CoolPreviews
Microsoft .Net Frame2work Assistant 1.1

I had no trouble seeing nor downloading youtube vids with the present
setup until a few days ago. As far as I can tell, nothing has
changed. To confuse the situation even more, when I use MS Internet
Explorer, I get the very same results. As I said, until a day or two
ago, I had absolutely no problem with youtube. Anyone have any idea
what the heck happened?
From: joet on
On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 21:51:21 -0600, joet(a)lkasfhd,cueball wrote:

>My ability to see and download youtube videos used to be fine. All of
>a sudden, I find I cannot see nor download youtube stuff any longer.
>Here is the problem in a nutshell.
>
>Let's say I do a youtube search for Bing Crosby. I end up on the page
>containing Bing's videos, but only the first few thumbnails of his
>music are showing. The rest are an empty frame with no picture.
>When I click on one of the pics which is showing, I get this message:
>"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of
>Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player. "
>
>I do have the latest flash player: 10.0.42,34, and I do have my
>Javascript turned on.
>
>I have t these addons:
>1-click youtube video downloader 1.1
>Adblock Plus 1.1.1
>BetterPrivacy
>CoolPreviews
>Microsoft .Net Frame2work Assistant 1.1
>
>I had no trouble seeing nor downloading youtube vids with the present
>setup until a few days ago. As far as I can tell, nothing has
>changed. To confuse the situation even more, when I use MS Internet
>Explorer, I get the very same results. As I said, until a day or two
>ago, I had absolutely no problem with youtube. Anyone have any idea
>what the heck happened?

I guess I should have added that I'm using Win XP and Firefox 3.5.6.

I tried going backward with Mozilla by installing 3.5.2., but I got
the same result. This is driving me buggy. I cannot figure out what
in the heck has changed in the last day or two to cause this nonsense.
From: Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo on
joet(a)lkasfhd wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 21:51:21 -0600, joet(a)lkasfhd,cueball wrote:
>
>> My ability to see and download youtube videos used to be fine. All of
>> a sudden, I find I cannot see nor download youtube stuff any longer.
>> Here is the problem in a nutshell.
>>
>> Let's say I do a youtube search for Bing Crosby. I end up on the page
>> containing Bing's videos, but only the first few thumbnails of his
>> music are showing. The rest are an empty frame with no picture.
>> When I click on one of the pics which is showing, I get this message:
>> "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of
>> Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player. "
>>
>> I do have the latest flash player: 10.0.42,34, and I do have my
>> Javascript turned on.
>>
>> I have t these addons:
>> 1-click youtube video downloader 1.1
>> Adblock Plus 1.1.1
>> BetterPrivacy
>> CoolPreviews
>> Microsoft .Net Frame2work Assistant 1.1
>>
>> I had no trouble seeing nor downloading youtube vids with the present
>> setup until a few days ago. As far as I can tell, nothing has
>> changed. To confuse the situation even more, when I use MS Internet
>> Explorer, I get the very same results. As I said, until a day or two
>> ago, I had absolutely no problem with youtube. Anyone have any idea
>> what the heck happened?
>
> I guess I should have added that I'm using Win XP and Firefox 3.5.6.
>
> I tried going backward with Mozilla by installing 3.5.2., but I got
> the same result. This is driving me buggy. I cannot figure out what
> in the heck has changed in the last day or two to cause this nonsense.

well, since the problem is also happening with IE, then
there's nothing wrong with Firefox, and more of your
connection to youtube. It might be your isp, or it
could be something you have running in the background,
such as firewall, virus checkers, spam checkers,
malware checkers, or even a virus, trojan, malware, or
something else.

Try pinging youtube and see what you get. Click on the
windows start button, then run and enter cmd then hit
the enter key. A DOS window should popup. Enter this:

ping youtube.com

then hit the enter key. What results come up. You
should get about 4 reply lines. If any of them times
out, then you've got a problem.

help!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm